Go to footer

Rainbow High!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Rainbow High!

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:07 pm

I did get Amaya and yeah, I was right: all that slime stuff and plastic crap sucks. Tossed the slime, put the unicorn and crystal thingy in the give-away toy bag that I take to bazaars and kept the purse & shoes. I mostly like her but she has a mega-butt-load of tinsel surrounding her hairline. I'm seriously thinking of pulling it all out. I don't mind a little tinsel, but this is just too much for me even.
ImageAmaRW1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Face is cute. Don't mind that glitter on her face too much.
ImageAmaRW2 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
But that tinsel hair. What do ya'll think? Rip it out? It's all strictly on the hairline and easy to pull. There's just a lot of it so it would take a while. I suppose I could leave a few bits. Thoughts?
ImageIMG_5018 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:13 pm

I ended up plucking most of the tinsel out of Amaya's hair. I like it better. Meantime, I managed to find some sales at Wallys and indulged a bit. Only $15 for this set. Love the outfits. Now I'm going to need to rehome my original Sunny tho since I don't want duplicates. They had almost all the Halloween costume dolls for $17 each, but not the pink witch that was the one I would have bought. Oh, well. Maybe someday, maybe never.
ImageSunNLuna by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Stormlight » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:58 pm

Whoa $15 for the twins? That's an amazing deal! :o I've got my eye on them, too. I don't have a Luna or a Sunny and Sunny's outfit especially is so cute!

I'm still on the lookout for a reasonably priced Runway Poppy Parker with the butterfly dress. The cost is dropping on Amazon, I'm hoping I'll get lucky and hit it at just the right time that it will actually drop below retail. I still can't find them in any Walmart or Target in this area. And it never seems to be available for shipping, either.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:52 pm

Stormlight wrote:Whoa $15 for the twins? That's an amazing deal! :o I've got my eye on them, too. I don't have a Luna or a Sunny and Sunny's outfit especially is so cute!

I'm still on the lookout for a reasonably priced Runway Poppy Parker with the butterfly dress. The cost is dropping on Amazon, I'm hoping I'll get lucky and hit it at just the right time that it will actually drop below retail. I still can't find them in any Walmart or Target in this area. And it never seems to be available for shipping, either.

I couldn't believe it when I saw it and I did walk away since finances are so tight, but then I caved and went back and got them. I get my best deals from Wallys and it's always a surprise. They just one day mark them all down and bam, they get snapped up fast! Otherwise, I've gotten good deals from Amazon or Target online. Wallys online is always overpriced. They have a lot of third-party dealers who mark everything up. I can't rec them, but Target online will sometimes surprise me with some good deals. If I see a Poppy I'll grab it for you. They had a couple of the other high fashion ones for $17 think but I didn't care for them. Jade for sure. The other I don't remember but not Poppy.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Tealove » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:23 pm

Wow, that Amaya is really pretty, kenaiqueen!

Fashion Poppy is on the Target website for $30! Shipping only but still, that’s a better price.
Tealove
Dolly Pardon

Postby Stormlight » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up! My local Target actually has them in stock so I managed to snag her before she disappeared again! : :mrgreen:
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Tealove » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:18 pm

Stormlight wrote:Thanks for the heads up! My local Target actually has them in stock so I managed to snag her before she disappeared again! : :mrgreen:

So glad you got her!
Tealove
Dolly Pardon

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'