Go to footer

Rainbow High!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Rainbow High!

Postby Jobee » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:42 pm

I think I'm through the stages of grief over this month's leaked pictures and previews. Though I might get depressed again when I see the slime girls in stores. But this is not my first reboot rodeo. I was devastated when it happened to Ever After High, so devastated I quit doll collecting for 4 years. I think I'm gonna handle it better this time. I got all the Rainbow High dolls I wanted, I have the books, and the videogame, and the soundtrack. I have over a dozen sewing patterns and plenty of plans ahead. I think I'll survive this. I'll still be sad. Rainbow High brought my dolly life back to life!

I'm not sure where I'll get my new doll high from in the meantime, but I have a lot of dolls. When the Rainbow High second hand market chills out after this initial shock, I'll pick up some shoes and bits from Ebay.

I think I've figured out why they're nuking Rainbow High. They're coming out with a new articulated line of Bratz. I've tried to get into Bratz in the past, but they're just not me.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Kattriella » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:55 pm

I hate to say it, but I have a feeling this reboot will probably kill the franchise. I fully expect the line to be gone by the end of 2025. We've all seen what happens with reboots. They very quickly become lower quality, gimmicky, and lose all the elements that initially made them popular. Sales drop, the quality drops even more, they become more and more "budget friendly", and then one day they're gone, leaving nothing but memories . . . And in this case, slime stains on the carpet and furniture.
Last edited by Kattriella on Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:31 am

It is so obvious that these marketing fools do not know their customer base. They assume their market is full of 3 year old girls who never mature and only want to destroy their dolls.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:38 am

Just saw an outfit and meh accessories at Walmart.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Stormlight » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:25 pm

I’m regretting not getting the Poppy butterfly dress girl when I had the chance. I can’t find her anywhere anymore! She’s the only one out of that entire fashion line I actually wanted, so of course she’s the only one that isn’t available anywhere anymore, not even on Amazon. And I’m not about to pay scalper prices for her. All I can do now is cross my fingers that she shows up again, or that her price at least drops to something more normal on the secondhand market. :(
Stormlight

Postby Kattriella » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:42 pm

If you give it a couple months, she'll probably come down on price on the secondhand market, once the initial panic wears off.
Kattriella

Postby Tealove » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:18 pm

I only liked that Poppy for her second outfit. But, now that she seems to be gone... I have regrets. I'm sure that kattriella is right that she will go down in price.

I've had a few more buys including the new twin set when it was $20 on Amazon. I also bought Fashion Fever Jade. I love her starry under dress. And then, I got Shadow High, Scarlett. She features one of my favorite colors so I had to. Plus, her big sweatshirt is something I would wear.

I don't know what to think of the new Rainbow High World. Without the glitter, I think their faces are pretty. But everything else is a pass. It's ok with me in a way. Every collection needs a stopping point. :(
Tealove
Dolly Pardon

Postby Jobee » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:20 pm

These are some fanart I've made of Rainbow High dolls. They were all drawn at different times, months apart, so I think improvements are visible. I'm hoping to draw the rest of the main cast this year.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Jobee » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:47 pm

Here are my last two Rainbow High dolls for the forseeable future. These are the last two characters I wanted. Now, aside from some outfits and accessories, I consider my Rainbow High collection complete! They're really amazing dolls. Unfortunately, I can literally say, "They don't make them like this anymore."
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:10 pm

I saw some of the fashion packs on ebay. The dress is kinda cute, but that was the only one that interested me. I'm hoping to pick up the new Amaya and I'll probably toss the slime away.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'