Go to footer

Rainbow High!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Rainbow High!

Postby Jobee » Sat May 06, 2023 10:46 am

I'm almost done collecting the original 6. I think I just need Poppy (orange) at this point. Most of the main 6 are out of stock at regular retailers, so I've been buying them off Ebay. Hubby got me Ruby for my birthday.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat May 06, 2023 12:11 pm

She's a cutie! And Happy Birthday!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:16 am

Instagram has pictures of the newest RH line that is coming out. They don't look like stock photos, so I can only guess they were able to buy them someplace, possibly not the US. At any rate, they are a line of 'high fashion outfits' that were supposedly in one of the videos. I don't watch the vids so I'm not sure if this is true. Frankly, I was not impressed with most of them, but there is a new Amaya that is a must have for me. Not showing up yet at my usual online places like Amazon, Target and Walmart.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:14 pm

Here's my Ayesha in her stage costume. The second outfit was cute, but I couldn't get the skirt on properly. Way too small! I may email the company to complain. Anyway, I decided to move some dolls around and made a single shelf for my white-haired dolls. I may move Daisy down there even tho her hair has a lot of yellow in it. Here's Ayesha Rose Lee and her Hollywood Blondes. (Movie reference LOL!)
ImageAyesha1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
ImagePlatinums by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:42 pm

Here's my deboxed Roxie Grand. Pros: Cute face, love the crystals on the dress, like her tinsel/shiny hair (it's a bit wonky in the pics...need to wash it) and while I don't love mermaid style dresses, it certainly is the right diva style for her. Cons: horrid packaging, plastic pretend crystals for her jewelry, and a stand that looks like a prop from 50 Shades!

There was also a piece of plastic that was part of the package that I'm pretty sure has no real use other than to show how her stand will twist a bit to make it look like she's moving while in the package. Or something. I don't know. I'll probably toss it if I can't find a use for it. And I thought it strange that they didn't mention her name on the box except for a blub on the top in small print. They need to fire their packaging exec.

But she's pretty and will look great with the rest of my platinum crew.
ImageRox1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
The plastic gem at the bottom of the stand is where you hold on to twist the whole stand with her in it.
ImageRox3 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
The kinky stand. I liked the saddle part. It was just hard to get her into it with that dress style. Weird plastic bit on the right. It was upside down at the top of the pack.
ImageRox2 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:46 am

It kind of sounds as though they just put her in a generic box and didn't bother creating a custom one for her production.....
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:27 pm

I thought I just needed 2 more white haired girls, but it looks like there are some ones that came with a coloring set that all have white hair so now I need a total of 5 more dolls. Argh!
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:45 pm

Here is the first of the Color & Create trio. She doesn't have an official name on the box. I don't plan to color her as from what I've read online, the colors don't wash out well. She was my second choice, but the blue-eyed one I liked the best on Amazon won't ship to Alaska, so I'll have to wait and get her locally. I could do either Target or Wallys online, but even if they have them, they cost too much in shipping charges. But I like this one and I will probably change her hairstyle. Love her green eyes tho.
ImageCnCrh by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:39 am

Crayola washable markers might work.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kenaiqueen » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:37 pm

DollyKim wrote:Crayola washable markers might work.
I got them basically for my white-haired doll shelf, so I think I'm just going to keep them as they are.

Here is Blanca with her hair down/washed. I may try to put her in braids, but I didn't care for the side ponies so I won't be doing that.
ImageCnCBlanca by Kenai Queen, on Flickr

And here is Blanche still in her box. I'll probably get her out tomorrow. She seems a bit lighter-skinned, and her lipstick is more pastel.
ImageCnCBlanche by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'