Go to footer

Rainbow High!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Rainbow High!

Postby Jobee » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:51 am

I kinda wish MGA would spread out their doll releases a bit better. A 6 month drought, then 3 waves one after the other. There's no way I'm gonna collect them all, but it's a lot of hype to ride on social media.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Stormlight » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:55 am

Apparently there is a 24 inch girl dropping this month. I forget her name, the one with the rainbow hair? I have her smaller version already. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for the bigger one!

I did buy Jet and I really like the new improved body that has joints that actually joint. :lol: I’ve been eyeballing the twin girls on Amazon too. Gah! Like I don’t collect enough dolls already!
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Jobee » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:41 pm

Stormlight wrote:Apparently there is a 24 inch girl dropping this month. I forget her name, the one with the rainbow hair? I have her smaller version already. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for the bigger one!

I did buy Jet and I really like the new improved body that has joints that actually joint. :lol: I’ve been eyeballing the twin girls on Amazon too. Gah! Like I don’t collect enough dolls already!

Just a heads up, Jett is the only one with the special waist and ankle joints. Don't expect them on other dolls.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:11 am

Found this comparison video between the new 24" Rainbow High girl and Smartdoll. Kinda want her now but I doubt she'll show up in my area any time soon.

https://youtu.be/J9_Rw4dD5GU
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Stormlight » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:32 am

Jobee wrote:Just a heads up, Jett is the only one with the special waist and ankle joints. Don't expect them on other dolls.

Thanks for the warning. I don’t mind if there are still less joints, only whether they actually work.
Stormlight

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:55 pm

Added Sunny to my doll family today. I'm going to wash her hair and maybe change the style a bit too depending on how well it washes. Don't like the long dangling curls very much and they are super crunchy so those will pulled up with the rest of her hair. Love her clothes. Now I want the Peach girl if she ever shows up in my neck of the woods.

ImageSuni by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:02 pm

Grats! Your Sunny looks great!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Stormlight » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:45 pm

Has anyone seen the one called Sheryl Meyer yet? I’m seriously tempted by her. As soon as I saw her I immediately thought of Cher from the movie Clueless, because she’s wearing a yellow plaid schoolgirl outfit. The second outfit she comes with is the see-through white blouse under the yellow sweater vest. Both signature Cher outfits from the 90s. And two of my personal favorites! Sheryl was pretty obviously inspired by that movie, even her name! :lol:
Stormlight

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:06 pm

Stormlight wrote:Has anyone seen the one called Sheryl Meyer yet? I’m seriously tempted by her. As soon as I saw her I immediately thought of Cher from the movie Clueless, because she’s wearing a yellow plaid schoolgirl outfit. The second outfit she comes with is the see-through white blouse under the yellow sweater vest. Both signature Cher outfits from the 90s. And two of my personal favorites! Sheryl was pretty obviously inspired by that movie, even her name! :lol:

I haven't seen her yet in store, but I liked her too. And yes, my mind went immediately to Clueless!
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:37 pm

Just FYI, Walmart is advertising a set of 6 Rainbow High dolls (1st wave I believe) on this Wed, 11/3 for $64, regular price $119. If I didn't already have the 2 I like from that group, I'd be picking that up. I did order a peach Georgia Bloom from Target for myself. I kinda liked a couple of their exclusive Rock Star Rainbows but thought they were a bit too much at $49. And our Wally's has one of the slumber exclusives, a mint green/turquoise one that didn't move me to open my wallet. :lol:
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'