Go to footer

Rainbow High!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Rainbow High!

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:10 pm

I don't really have a favorite series, but I think Shadow High is my least favorite. Just prefer color and I love pastels. I do think I have at least one from every series so far tho.

Found a sale today and couldn't resist. I plan to redress some of my Pacific High girls and get them out of those bathing suits! It was about 60% off at Wallys. As per usual, unboxing was a pain.
ImageCloset by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Here are Phadra and Harper in their new outfits. Harper's jeans don't close in the back. Not the first time I've had a problem with RH clothing. Still, she looks good from the front.
ImagePnHnuCl by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Tealove » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:31 pm

Oh lucky! I bought just the clothes from Mercari a year ago. The pants with rainbow ribbons are my favorite. Your girls look so nice in their new clothes.

I saw the boy from Shadow High series 3 today. I love how blue his skin looks. I have not seen the others yet. But, feeling kind of excited to see how they look in person.
Tealove
Dolly Pardon

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:51 pm

Sucked in by the sale price of $6. I may wash the gel out of his weird hair and see what else I can do with it.
ImageAidan by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:38 am

I really wanna finish the Rainbow High season 1 cast. I just need Amaya and Poppy...

Edit: I also want Daria Roselyn and Gabriella Icely... I'm doomed.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Jobee » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:10 am

This is the Poppy I got second hand from Ebay. I'm super pleased, she's in excellent condition, and wasn't missing anything! She's really pretty, and prettier in person.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:35 am

Jobee wrote:I really wanna finish the Rainbow High season 1 cast. I just need Amaya and Poppy...

Edit: I also want Daria Roselyn and Gabriella Icely... I'm doomed.

I saw a Gabriella in a new box last week, without the second set of clothes. Also, her clothing was simpler than the original. However, on the upside, it was cheaper. She might be a good option for you.

I got my Lilac Lane for my birthday and unboxed her yesterday but couldn't take pics til today. One of the heels of her shoe was broken off and I glued it back on. Don't know her whole backstory, but she is definitely taller than the other dolls.
ImageLilac1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
ImageLilac2 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
She comes with some science accessories, a book and glasses. I'm kinda bugged that they seem to be promoting her as having an interest in STEM, but gave her glasses because yes, those of us who are intelligent, or nerds always wear glasses. Insert eye roll here! I didn't put them on her.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:57 am

In light of Rainbow High's impending Rainbow World reboot, I've made an effort to order the last few characters I wanted from the original version before they become scarce and expensive. Poppy is already going up in price since she's not being included in the reboot. I'm very glad I got mine last month, or I'd have no chance of getting her now. The last two dolls I ordered were Amaya Raine and Gabriella Icely. With them, I will feel like I have all the characters who matter to me.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Kattriella » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:29 pm

Wait, they're ALREADY rebooting this line? Seriously? Great, that probably means that the quality is going to drop and they're going to turn into overpriced gimmick dolls, like the Monster High G2 reboot . . .
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:06 am

A reboot is a good time to decide if you want to continue with a series or not. It helped me decide to stop Monster High because they changed the faces.

On another note I'm starting to see RH dolls loose in junk stores if you're wanting them to make customs. And after Gift Season could be a great time to grab some, put a wanted ad on Craig's List if there's someone specific you want.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:22 am

I was at Marshall's a couple of days ago and got myself a Christmas present - Rainbow Vision Shadow High Uma Vanhoose (the one with the electric guitar). I haven't really been interested in the Band set, but when you see one for sale at $16.99, you grab it!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'