Go to footer

Rainbow High!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Rainbow High!

Postby Jobee » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:00 pm

I ordered two Rainbow High dolls yesterday, and I'm glad I managed to, because they are selling like hotcakes! Anyone else riding the Rainbow High hype train? Choo choo!

Seriously tho, they're so pretty, they come with two outfits, AND a stand, these were totally made for collectors!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: Rainbow High!

Postby DollyKim » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:10 am

I would like to see how they compare to the EAH.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jobee » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:57 pm

Here's some links to videos showing the Rainbow High dolls in more detail

Rainbow High Unboxing & Review

Does the Fit FIT? Rainbow High fashion on Barbie

Dollsection: Rainbow High (This one includes doll surgery)
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Jobee » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:58 pm

Update, I saw the first episode of the animated series, and I was seriously disappointed. Half the characters are.... bitchy! Bad attitudes, not very likeable.... But other people loved it, so I guess it's kinda likeable somehow... I'm crushed, all this hype and I was totally disappointed. I still like my dolls, but I'm not a huge fan of the franchise. Monster High and Ever After High were magical for me, and I thought Rainbow High would be more of the same.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Tam I am » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:24 pm

Aww. That's too bad.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:25 pm

I think I saw some at Walmart, but I was in my masked-rush mode and didn't stop to look at them. Might have to go back tho.

ETA: might have ordered one from Amazon :looking sheepish:
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:36 pm

Okay, so she did come in a couple days ago and I finally got around to unboxing and playing a bit with her. This one is Skye and I think I need to give her a new name as the only Skye I've ever heard of was the chick on Agents of SHIELD who I hated LOL! I think her hair is really nice quality except for the two side curls that are crunchy. I just washed them out today. Remains to be seen if all the curl washes out or not. I love her see-thru boots. Undressing/redressing was hard! I finally had to take her hands off to get her jacket off. Not a plus. But I do like her curvy figure and wonder if they all have those lovely hips. Like her outfits, the added eyelashes and like her skin tone too. I may need a couple more colors. Really hate the box. It was a chore to get her released. I think we need to start petitioning the major doll companies to stop with the over packaging!

Here's two pics of her outfits.
ImageSkye2 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
ImageSkye1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
ETA: I just looked on Amazon, and besides the original girls, there are two playsets with different dolls, one for fashion and one for hairstyling. Also, 4 girls who are 14" and come with glittery slime you put into their see-thru clothes. Not real impressed with those.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:14 pm

The second episode of the cartoon was a lot better than the first, and people were less bitchy. Now I just need to stop obsessing over my Tuesday Meow and I can make some clothes for Vivi and Sunny. I have loads of brand new fabric for them, I've just been preoccupied.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Tam I am » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:33 am

Actually, even though the names are similar, I don't think the taller dolls are the same characters? I know they came out a long time before the smaller girls. They don't have a lot of joints, but I have Amethyst Rae (redressed), and I love her, even though her big head makes her look some weird.

Is it true on the smaller girls that you need to operate to get the knees to be double jointed?
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:38 pm

Tam I am wrote:Is it true on the smaller girls that you need to operate to get the knees to be double jointed?

Not sure what that means, but her knee joints are pretty weird and stiff.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'