Go to footer

Rainbow High!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Rainbow High!

Postby Tealove » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:20 pm

The Color and Create dolls are extremely pretty. Congrats on getting them.

I haven't bought any of the newest dolls yet. I'm trying so hard to wait until the FOMO goes away.

Here is a picture of one of my dolls I bought on sale last year. I didn't think I would like her but, she was $10 and I did like her shoes. I'm really glad I did.
Tealove
Dolly Pardon

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:42 pm

Tealove, I have a few I got for cheap that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Sometimes a sale price just adds to a great doll!

Here's my two girls together. They don't come with stands which was annoying but I got some on ebay for cheap and they came pretty fast too.

ImageCnCtwins by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Tealove » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:49 pm

Those two are beautiful! I love how the blue eyed girl looks a little sad and wondering.

This is my Bianca. I'm hoping to eventually buy her a dress on etsy to make her look more like a ghost.

Tealove
Dolly Pardon

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:37 pm

That skirt is adorable! You can see mine in the background. She's got a lovely face. Are you going for a vintage or a current style of dress for her?
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Tealove » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:53 pm

Thanks! It belongs to Jett Dawson. She also went on sale at one point. I love your white haired doll collection. Aisha is also one of my favorites.

I'm hoping to get Bianca a vintage look.
Tealove
Dolly Pardon

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:33 pm

Got Fashion Amaya unboxed and up on her new shelf. Blanche borrowed her 2nd fashion that came with the set. No second set of shoes tho so Blanche had to wear her own heels.
ImageAfull by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Her hair was full of goop that I had to wash out. She has some tinsel besides the hidden rainbow strands in her hair. It's so long and heavy, she is almost off balance!
ImageAface by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Blanche rocking the rainbow-stitched white dress.
ImageBamayas2nd by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
And I used one of the stands I got off ebay for Jr High Amaya to stand up instead of sitting on the edge of the shelf.
ImageJrAmaya by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Tealove » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:11 pm

oh, she is very pretty! The 2nd outfit is gorgeous.

Here is a picture of two of my dolls for the forum. My Ruby has staining but I love her red hair so she stays.

Tealove
Dolly Pardon

Postby richila » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:14 pm

I really enjoyed reading through this thread. After my granddaughter had a few RH, I started collecting with Georgia Bloom. I got her for Christmas 2021. I got more dolls in 2022, but fell completely in love with the RH Junior bodies-except I didn't like the Junior faces until Karma. I think Junior Karma is even prettier than the original, but none of my Karma's kept the neon green hair. I now have two custom Junior Karmas. :D I find it easier to pose the Juniors than the full-size RH. They stand so well in flat shoes or boots. The full-size RH are in a box while the Juniors have taken over my dolly world. (I'm on my husband's computer-my phone needs charging. :oops: I'll have to post pictures later.) I love sewing for my Juniors. I do have to admit that I am addicted to the playsets. I have the pool, the car, and the tour bus. I build my own rooms because I have no room for the house and like to build my own furniture or turn found items into doll furniture. I have a Lori Doll Cafe that is their coffee shop and a Barbie bathtub set. I love doll props and accessories. My Mini-me, Richila, has a Star Wars Funko Bitty Pop collection. :D
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:11 pm

New shelves got put up finally. The DH put them up for me and then told me that now I have room for more LOL! He's an enabler!
ImageSept23Shelf by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Tealove » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:23 pm

I love your shelves, kenaiqueen! They display so nicely.

My rainbow dolls are stuck in a cupboard. I haven't anymore display room. below are all my favorites. I have another shelf with dolls I don't want to keep but every time I try to do the deed, I love them again. It's a trap.

Which is everyone's favorite series? My favorite is Series 1 Shadow high. But, I have at least one doll from every series aside from the two newest.

@richila I like the Junior High dolls too. They're very poseable! I only have Jade as of now.
Tealove
Dolly Pardon

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'