Go to footer

Rainbow High!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Rainbow High!

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:49 pm

Finally got around to unboxing Sabrina. We had some surprise bills come in at the last minute and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to keep any of this last bunch, but we're doing okay so I felt confident enough to at least unbox the one I wanted the most. She is gorgeous. Pictures don't do the color of her hair justice. It's true Rose Gold and quite fabulous. I can't say I'm thrilled with all the plastic play pieces. They are useless to me and just a bother. I hate paying for them and I am tempted to put all the ones I have on a one ebay listing just to get rid of them. I don't want a surfboard or skis or fake hairdryers. I have to say the ones in this set are well made and pretty cute. Just not for me.
But those green eyes! So pretty!
ImageSabrina1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:39 am

I'd like to see some of the stuff before you Ebay it. Never know what my dolls are looking for until they see it.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:12 pm

DollyKim wrote:I'd like to see some of the stuff before you Ebay it. Never know what my dolls are looking for until they see it.

I can but it will be as a group to get rid of them all at one time. I might get rid of some of the extra clothing too.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:36 pm

I got Rexx unboxed today. Lots of likes and dislikes so I'm not sure how to rate him. I think he's a like but MGA/designers are not. He's cute, but I question why he has on a heavy sweatshirt under a puffer jacket. Yeah, I'm sure kids wear them like that but for doll sizing, a thinner fabric for the shirt would be easier to deal with. And the glued on 'studs' are already falling off.
ImageRx by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
The hair details are nice but it's tennis ball fuzz. Why did they include a comb? And hangers for the extra clothing that didn't come with him?
ImageRx2 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
I do like the pearl necklace and the ubiquitous earbuds in his ears. He's also got shiny black nail polish that I thought was a nice touch.
ImageRx3 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
The phone has a case with a tab on it so he can hold it easier, but the 'Glitteraid' bottle and the computer are more junk I didn't want. I also wish he had blue eyes. I think they would have stood out better. He's stil a keeper for me tho. And no hole in his head LOL!
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:33 pm

Victoria Whitman was unboxed yesterday. I had to let her hair dry for a day after shampooing all the gel out of it. It was stiff as a board in some places. I did lose some of the curl even though I used tepid water. Don't mind tho. Hair is still cute and has amazing color! Only cons for me are the wonky lipstick and the too-tricky top with the strings that don't seem to be necessary. Of course, all the extra plastic is annoying too altho since she can hold the cell pretty well, it will probably stay with her.
ImageVicW by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Cute face and I love that she is freckled all over!
ImageVicW2 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Plastic junk. I am unsure if that bigger thing on the right is supposed to be a sewing machine or some kind of studding tool.
ImageVicW3 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:03 pm

the big thing on the right is a sewing machine. Yes, they traded the second outfit for plastic junk. I'm super bitter about it.

My husband used my Ebay account to buy me a Ruby Anderson doll, and it has arrived and he has it hidden somewhere in my apartment and I don't know where he stashes things in this tiny apartment, but I have to wait until my birthday to get her because my husband is better than the Easter Bunny at hiding things.

Also hoping my sister gets me a Poppy or some MH dolls....
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:50 pm

Jobee wrote:the big thing on the right is a sewing machine. Yes, they traded the second outfit for plastic junk. I'm super bitter about it.

Doesn't look like any sewing machine I've ever seen, but hey, whatever. I'm with you altho I say I'm more pissed than bitter which is probably much less mental-healthy, but that's me. This hater is hating.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:57 pm

Here is the last of the bunch I got from Target online. I'm still hoping for more of the Divas to go on sale. This one is Kim representing Denim blue. Her hair is black with blue streaks. Washed out the gel in hot water because the hair was already straight. I ended up having to tape down her bangs as they dried to keep them down. Have to say this one was an anomaly for me. I usually prefer the pastel colors. I don't know if it was the cute bangs or the denim but I'm happy to have her. She looks striking to me.
ImageKN1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Everything looks purply in this pic, but she's def dark blue.
ImageKN2 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
The usual plastic junk. I think peep-toe booties would have been a better look than the mules.
ImageKN3 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Altho I'm not a fan of over-long claw fingernails, I do like her dark blue manicure.
ImageKN4 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:56 am

Thanks for the pictures, they almost got me with a doll having my name but she's too opposite from me for my liking. My color is purple (violet and lavender would work too) but none of them have been artists or writers.

Hey doll companies, there are caucasian people named Kim, it's also a Celtic name and gender neutral. Had three at one of my schools and one was a boy.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby ugg333 » Mon May 01, 2023 9:32 am

kenaiqueen wrote:
Jobee wrote:the big thing on the right is a sewing machine. Yes, they traded the second outfit for plastic junk. I'm super bitter about it.

Doesn't look like any sewing machine I've ever seen, but hey, whatever. I'm with you altho I say I'm more pissed than bitter which is probably much less mental-healthy, but that's me. This hater is hating.

It looks like toy sewing machines that only do chain stitch. There is one by Singer, and also bunches of junky brands.

I totally agree about them replacing cool clothes with plastic junk. So much not cool!
ugg333
i see dead dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'