Go to footer

Toy season 2020

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Toy season 2020

Postby Stormlight » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:44 pm

I was in Target today and saw two My Size Disney princess dolls. One was Ariel and the other I think was Elsa (or maybe Rapunzel, I kind of forget).

I kind of love those Rainbow High dolls. Might have picked up a pair of them for myself. :mrgreen:
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kattriella » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:45 pm

DollyKim wrote:Coming from the brain injury community and having been in and out of mobility assistance devices I like the idea. it says just because a person is in a wheelchair it doesn't mean they're paralyzed. Or they're just for mer people like Monster High did.

What if he has a neurological condition that makes walking long distances difficult? What if he plays wheelchair sports? What if he only needs a wheelchair while he recovers from surgery? He might assure a kid with a sports injury they'll be able to get up and go again. I'd like to see a physical therapy playset with dolls and equipment.

I love the physical therapy playset idea. Dolls always want to teach kids, "You can be anything," but sometimes they need to hear, "You can get through anything," instead. More therapy/medical themed playsets besides "baby doctor" would probably be really good for kids who are dealing with serious injuries or going through therapy to see it's not that scary.

Also, I'd like to eventually see one of the dolls with prosthetics actually have poseable joints on the prosthetics.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:15 am

Looks like Zuru surprise makes mini toys, a lot look like Nickelodeon characters.

If anyone ends up with spare crayons or other art supplies LMK.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'