Go to footer

Toy season 2020

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Toy season 2020

Postby DollyKim » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:32 pm

With holidays and gifting season coming we might as well share news of dolls and doll stuff.

These are called FailFix and I... Um... They're shorter than Barbie. The eyes are really deep set.
*edit It looks like their "oops" faces come off to reveal other ones below. These are make-over dolls.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Toy season 2020

Postby Tam I am » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:12 pm

Yeah, teach more kids they can't look nice without makeup. lol

Are they jointed, do you know?
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:29 pm

I REALLY do not like the idea of these dolls.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:22 am

They are jointed, there's five in total. If that is a full face mask it would be cool to customize it as a mask or something.

Their philosophy makes me want to scream too. This is a blog issue.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:31 am

A monster highish mask! :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:19 pm

More dolls to make our children think they aren't good enough just as they are..... :evil:
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:35 am

On the other hand there are several sets of Totally Tiny Food which is roughly 1/6 scale. It looks like 3/4 tush Rement, if you're familiar with that stuff. Sushi boat, chocolate fountain etc. Usually in a carton on the shelf by slime toys.

Zuru 5 Surprize Mini Brands has a second round of foods. The balls are gold this time.

I can't say what size the mystery DIY food with two men on the packaging is.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jobee » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:48 pm

I'm not really on board for the Fail/Fixes either. But I can see where they got the idea. Youtube is loaded with enough makeovers to last a lifetime.

I was wicked excited about Rainbow High dolls, which came out this summer, but once I saw them open their mouths on their TV show, I'm less enthusiastic. They're very cute, and I like their chibi proportions, but I don't like their cartoons' overall attitude. I'm going to keep the two dollies I have, but I don't think I'll get more unless one is particularly appealing to me.

Another new dolly line I've dabbled in this year is the Na Na Na Surprise line. I don't like their secretive packaging, but they're an interesting combination of plushie and doll. Very simple, very cute!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Tam I am » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:55 pm

I like Nanana Surprise too. And I really like how they put a little mark on them so we can tell who is who. Dolls over a certain price should not be secrets. *nod*

Tam I am

Postby DollyKim » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:22 am

Good to know about the Nana. I had one with a kitty sticker in my hands yesterday and wondered about it. I can see a parent buying the specific doll a kid wants but removing the sticker for more fun :)

Barbie has Mario themed outfits and one has a purse that looks like a game controller.

Saw a new batch of Disney princesses, their faces were off.

Amazon has the first wave of Creatable World, they also carry the related Canvas line, there's also some new CWs with more dolls of color. I actually have one of these and they are nice jointed dolls.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'