Go to footer

Toy season 2020

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Toy season 2020

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:46 am

I find the Baby Born Surprise Magic Potty dolls rather freaky....... :?
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:57 am

If someone needs a subject for a report they could research if there is a connection between a certain viral video involving two persons sharing a drinking vessel and the explosion of mainstream toys that involve playing with potty contents. Especially ones that resemble slime and other similar toys.

Not drink and wet or potty training dolls or toys like Gooey Louie that are supposed to be "gross" or novelty jokes that dispense candy. If adults did the same thing and it's not allowed on regular social media and would be found behind a pay wall why is it being pushed as a children's toy?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:29 pm

DollyKim wrote:If someone needs a subject for a report they could research if there is a connection between a certain viral video involving two persons sharing a drinking vessel and the explosion of mainstream toys that involve playing with potty contents. Especially ones that resemble slime and other similar toys.

Ummmm what? I thought I was pretty net savvy, but this has me in the dark. And I think I want to stay there!

In other news, I've seen an oversize Rapunzel doll before...last year I think, at Walmart, but she's showed up on the Disney store site and I'm thinking I want her. I keep saying she's too big and I have no room, but she's nicely jointed and pretty cute. They have an Elsa too, but she's not as cute jmho. I also remember seeing a Disney Mal and a Mattel Barbie in that size at Wallys too. (32" I think.)

Too many shoppers in the toy aisle today but I did stop to look at those 'fail' dolls. Nope. I also looked at the Cave Club dolls and thought they are cute, but not so cute that I need any. They kinda reminded me of watching the Flintstones with the whole family back in the day tho.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:06 pm

Yeah, I can't get excited about the Cave Club dolls either. The cartoon looks kinda cute tho! I wish them the best of luck.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby DollyKim » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:52 am

@kenaiqueen About 10 years ago or so one of the first viral challenges was where you or your friends filmed your reaction while watching a video of two women and what was hopefully just chocolate.

I noticed that after that viral video more toys were coming out where the dolls pooped pleasant looking and smelling contents like "slime" kids were encouraged to play with and possibly feed back to the dolls. Combined with many of the dolls wearing make up and revealing clothes it just seems suspicious.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby ugg333 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:25 am

I got a failfix doll, and it is really nice in person after you remove the mask. The face is cute and the doll has nice articulation. I brushed the hair on one, and now regret not leaving it alone. The tangled hair looked so cute. I have no girls, so wouldn't know about moral implications, but I love them for myself. The dolls are nice size and the clothes are well made. I really like their facial expressions, which are different from one to another. The failed mask is kind of cute, too, and it can be repainted, but it is made with skewed mouth on the one I have, so it might be tricky. Mask clips on the ears. The "facial mask" mask looks creepy. It clips over the failed mask on the ears. I might get more of those dolls if they go down in price.
With the pandemic, I find playing with dolls helps me escape the bad thoughts. And knitting helps. And knitting for dolls.
ugg333
i see dead dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:20 am

I'd like to see some pictures of what the doll looks like after she's been fixed.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:29 pm

DollyKim wrote:I'd like to see some pictures of what the doll looks like after she's been fixed.

A couple of my fav doll bloggers did a youtube of one of them here: https://youtu.be/WgGzbfqYPUg
Not terrible looking, but I wasn't impressed enough to want one.

BTW: DH saw the Jakks Rapunzel doll on my want list and told me to order it with his credit card for my birthday later this month. :D
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby ugg333 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:06 pm

Failfix Kawaii.Qtee
See how the mouth on the failed mask is crooked? It is molded this way.
I really like her sweet face.
And no, I am not good at taking photos, lol.
ugg333
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Tam I am » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:30 pm

Repainting her mask would make a fun and quirky expression.

They're cute dolls, but when I think they're designed by the same person who did MH I find them a little disappointing.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'