Go to footer

Toy season 2020

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Toy season 2020

Postby davidd » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:03 pm

DollyKim wrote:If someone needs a subject for a report they could research if there is a connection between a certain viral video involving two persons sharing a drinking vessel and the explosion of mainstream toys that involve playing with potty contents.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Jobee » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:16 pm

Some cute dolls have been leaked for January 2021, but I wish they were coming out for Christmas. Nanana Surprise are getting a mermaid next year, and the Rainbow High dolls are getting cheerleader sets? Which makes no sense to me because Rainbow High is supposed to be an art school, and when I went to art school, no one was remotely athletic! But they are supposed to get fashion assignments, so I think each girl "Designs" their own cheer outfit.

Here's where some leaked Cheerleader doll pics showed up. http://www.youloveit.com/dolls/1472-rai ... ction.html

Here's the Nanana Mermaid: http://www.youloveit.com/dolls/1497-na- ... arrot.html
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Tam I am » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:55 pm

Just when I thought I had all the Nanana I needed. :? I see these don't have the sewn on hats.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:05 am

It's a high school designed by a toy company to sell toys so of course they have cheerleaders. Then there will be prom and other tropes no matter how out of date they might be.

Real Littles has toy backpacks with surprises inside. The backpacks are better sized for 1/6 dolls but the stuff inside is roughly MSD. You can pick what color backpack you want.

Walmart is already starting to do pop up toy displays in the stores.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:34 pm

I can't believe it's not Lego clay molds from Dollar Tree. Each color clay is a different mold.

They also have real Barbie brand accessories along with knock off dolls and outfits. Real Disney princess and stuff is there too.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:23 am

I don't have much to report other than (some) Dollar Generals are getting a car/boat/boat trailer combo for Barbie sized dolls that would probably look really nice matter a good paint job. It starts off as link white and maybe a touch of blue, but these kind of off brand doll cars and such usually pop apart with little effort, so customizing them should be easy. They run about $20 for the car, boat trailer, and boat, I believe. There's also a (pretty cheaply made) doll car for $5. Maybe not what a collector would want, but if you've got any kids who like dolls and want a car for them, it could be an option. They're also still occasionally getting the first wave of 5 Surprise Mini Brands, and some of the older waves of LOLs, if you're missing any from your collections, and some of the sets of LOL furniture that are character themed. We also got in the LOL Glitter Factory thing that I believe was released last year. It's $20 as well.

Oh, also, if you can, everyone try to maybe pick something up for a local toy drive. This year more than ever, organizations like Toys for Tots are struggling, and more kids than ever are not going to have a Christmas without some help from others.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:50 am

The upcoming caucasian Ken in a wheelchair looks like he's on a MtM/BMR body but he'll have a darker or at least more average skin tone than the BMR guys.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby victoriavictrix » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:25 am

DollyKim wrote:The upcoming caucasian Ken in a wheelchair looks like he's on a MtM/BMR body but he'll have a darker or at least more average skin tone than the BMR guys.

There is something deeply ironic about the doll in a wheelchair being on a Made To Move body.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kattriella » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:16 am

victoriavictrix wrote:
DollyKim wrote:The upcoming caucasian Ken in a wheelchair looks like he's on a MtM/BMR body but he'll have a darker or at least more average skin tone than the BMR guys.

There is something deeply ironic about the doll in a wheelchair being on a Made To Move body.

I'm glad somebody else sees the irony of this . . . I'm glad we're getting more dolls with wheelchairs, though. I'm planning to eventually get the Fashionista with the wheelchair and the old Becky dolls with the wheelchairs and see how they and the Ken doll's wheelchair compare to the Lammily wheelchair.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:16 am

Coming from the brain injury community and having been in and out of mobility assistance devices I like the idea. it says just because a person is in a wheelchair it doesn't mean they're paralyzed. Or they're just for mer people like Monster High did.

What if he has a neurological condition that makes walking long distances difficult? What if he plays wheelchair sports? What if he only needs a wheelchair while he recovers from surgery? He might assure a kid with a sports injury they'll be able to get up and go again. I'd like to see a physical therapy playset with dolls and equipment.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'