Go to footer

How about a fun finds thread?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

How about a fun finds thread?

Postby Kattriella » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:22 am

So I searched and realized we don't have a fun finds thread, so let's make one. Post pics of your dollieh fun finds and where you found them.

I found these mini beauty sponges at Dollar General. They look like a good size for 1/3 scale dolls, like Smart Doll or American Girl, if your dolls happen to be into tiny beauty products. There's a floorstand display for Believe Beauty where they should be hanging. They're about the size of a fingertip.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: How about a fun finds thread?

Postby Dunneh » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:14 am

That's really cute! I like the idea of a finds thread, showing off cute things. Though I'm in Australia so my finds would be pretty regionally specific though. It's also tougher to find things cute doll sized stuff here in retail stores (even Barbie outfits are really difficult to find at toy stores) but I am happy to view everyone elses stuff they got!
Dunneh
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Kattriella » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:59 am

If nothing else, even if we don't have the same stores, it can give ideas of what to search for on good old Google to find something similar.
Kattriella

Postby kiki-chan78 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:46 pm

Okay, so I know that EONS ago (as in about a decade or so) there used to be a set of cute SD sized cell phones props. Those are now few and far between to locate now.

But, thought that this was a cute little find. ^____^

It's a little bluetooth thing for your phone, that looks like an SD sized flip-phone. Photo is the link. I have no affiliation with this, just thought it was cute.

<3

-Kiki.
kiki-chan78
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby DollyKim » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:20 am

The laptop the pink haired MSD has and the tablet the blond SD has are make-up mirrors (the tablet screen is a cover) possibly listed as bird mirrors too.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Stormlight » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:48 pm

So apparently that phone thing is an actual functioning phone? There are a few styles and some that can apparently even take a SIM card. And they do look to be a good size for dolls.

Heck, I kinda want it for myself, though! :lol:
Stormlight

Postby Kattriella » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:18 pm

I just found a motorcycle toy that I think will work for 1:6 or 1:4 scale. I'll post pics soon.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:42 pm

Here's the bike in the box, in case anyone wants to look for it. At only $5, it's a good deal.

Here's some gift card boxes perfect for 1:6 scale dolls. They make great props for under the tree.

Here's the bike and boxes with a Barbie for scale.

Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:39 am

The bike looks good. It reminds me of the time I found boxed "collector's item" 1/6 scale vintage motorcycles at a store.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:38 pm

DollyKim wrote:The bike looks good. It reminds me of the time I found boxed "collector's item" 1/6 scale vintage motorcycles at a store.

I've been looking for a motorcycle for the crew for a couple years, and just could never justify the price. But for $5? That was too good to pass up.
Kattriella

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'