Go to footer

Nope, still haven't changed my mind.

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Nope, still haven't changed my mind.

Postby embyquinn » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:59 pm

Just in case anyone was wondering.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Nope, still haven't changed my mind.

Postby Kattriella » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:08 pm

We need full sized posters of this made. For reasons.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby embyquinn » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:55 pm

Thanks, Kat. I have been trying to get people to understand this point for years and years and the only response I ever get is "If it's not strung with elastic, it's not a BJD." If the joint is a ball rotating in a socket and the jointed object is a doll...HELLO?! Hinges in the ball joints are not a disqualifying factor! Said doll being made of a material other than polyurethane resin is not a disqualifying factor! Having a price tag of less than $100 is not a disqualifying factor!

I suppose this isn't really my fight anymore since Cherry is a resin BJD, "properly" strung, but it's still an inaccurate and unfair judgment, completely based on a desire to exclude those dolls who are more easily accessible and/or less expensive. This reminds me of early days when if a BJD wasn't made in Japan or Korea, it wasn't a "valid" BJD no matter what it was made of or how it was held together. Even Chinese dolls were excluded because they weren't "true" BJDs from the holy lands of Volks and Delf (precursor to Luts) .

The stupidity--the willful stupidity--it burns.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:33 pm

Let's be honest, there are always going to be those middle school bullies who try to find reasons to exclude others from the Cool Kids Table. We may get older and the circumstances may change, but we will always encounter those kinds of people who want to nitpick all the reasons you don't belong with them.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'