Go to footer

Emotional Support Dolls?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Emotional Support Dolls?

Postby Jobee » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:29 pm

Do you get emotional support from your dolls? I do.

Looking at them, making things for them, taking pictures of them, all these things put me at ease. When my anxiety was at it's worst, I'd take my dolls everywhere. Playing with dolls helped me through the Hell year that was 2020, and I'm sure they'll help me through this year too.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: Emotional Support Dolls?

Postby Tam I am » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:06 am

I've got dolls that were created just for emotional support. I've got sensory issues, and sometimes I need someone to help me feel anchored so I can focus. Since I rarely have a human around, I've learned to use a doll for an anchor. And yeah, they often get carried round in public, though I usually just carry a little one that most people won't notice.

I also make dolls for emotional support for others. Or I did before I kind of locked down this past year. But I gave some bought dolls to my psychologist for her to use to help her other patients. She says it works.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kattriella » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:14 am

A lot of my dolls feel like emotional support dolls. A lot of them are custom characters that I created over ten years ago, and they feel almost like real people or friends.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:37 am

Hazel is definitely my emotional support doll. Besides being the doll I had imagined having since I was very small, she debuted just when I first began to be seriously disabled. I saw her on Junkyspot and managed to buy her head and a body separately. Hazel could do all the things I couldn’t anymore. She still does. I do have a wonderful and very supportive husband, and amazing friends too, but Hazel is special.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:06 am

My dolls probably double as that. Prior to dolls I seem to be buying action figures just because new versions were released.

After Obi-Chun showed up, I got back into attempting to sew or make stuff, took up photography after taking an interest in taking said doll outdoors whenever there are festive events or lovely parks and interesting spots. I just like working on them and bringing out ideas that were in my head on account of years of various media. They kinda make me learn to appreciate stuff.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby richila » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:40 pm

Definitely, my need for a pocket doll developed after reading Soul Mate Dolls : Dollmaking as Healing Art.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby mollym » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:21 am

I think it's a little of that and lots of other things as well. They look enough like people to give me something to feel connected, but the disappointment from actual people simply doesn't exist. I like them because it gives me something to feel more connected to nice and good things. The world they occupy is simply better, cleaner and more wholesome than real life.
Man dolls.... because baby dolls come from somewhere. ;)
mollym
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby K2! » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:00 am

zirconmermaid wrote:Hazel is definitely my emotional support doll.

Hazel provides support of a lot of us.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Tasuke » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:34 am

well,if nothing else, i've always got my Anime Family here
to depend on to help brighten up the day a little;

Last edited by Tasuke on Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Janeway » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:38 am

Hazel is the best bjd. It's good to know that there are people who do this.

I love the bjd's.
Janeway
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'