Go to footer

Emotional Support Dolls?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Emotional Support Dolls?

Postby Jobee » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:57 pm

My new Na Na Na Teens dolls have been excellent cuddlers. They're not as soft as a plushie, but they do fit well in my lap. I'm finding I enjoy having one or both in my lap while watching doll reviews on Youtube. I don't usually hold dolls in this manner. Usually, they're on stands on my desk. I like having... lap dolls. Don't get me wrong, I still ordered them custom stands on Etsy, but, put a doll in your lap sometime, it's an experience worth having!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Tam I am » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:03 pm

LMBO. I know right! Most of the time the space is taken by my BaB unicorn, Boo Horse. But Minna hangs out there sometimes too.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Jobee » Sat May 08, 2021 8:02 pm

I'm going through a meds change right now, and my dollies have totally helped me through it. My tiny Obitsu's can go anywhere with me, and my NaNaNa's are good for snuggling at home.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Tam I am » Sat May 08, 2021 8:26 pm

Comfort the braided doll, Froggy, and Tiny the little monster came to work with me today and were packed around on my wrist or in the crook of my arm. They helped me to not get Autism jangled.

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun May 09, 2021 4:39 am

My daughter, who has ASD and mild Tourette Syndrome (as well as depression and anxiety) has emotional support plushies. She brings at least one with her whenever we leave the house. She has long since gotten over the "aren't you too old to have stuffed animals" looks some people give.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Sun May 09, 2021 5:28 am

If it wasn't for the health crisis Xavier would be going out more. Or Bill and Ted for photo adventures. My current backpack purse is fuzzy black cat themed, and looks like the case to that purple haired Nanana doll. One of my purses I made because the fabric print matches that used for a doll case.

Turning a plushie with a big enough tummy into a purse is always a way to keep them with you. As soon as I no longer had a job with a dress code I made it a point to never go out with any old bag.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon May 10, 2021 6:00 am

Yeah, my daughter bought a special "pin" purse - almost a courier bag with clear plastic flap and a couple of thick slip in "pages" where she can add and switch around her favorite collectable pins and keep them safe. It's big enough that she can smooch a couple small or one medium plushie inside with her wallet, her sound damping ear buds, her iPad for drawing, her cellphone and a widget or three. Sometimes she trades it out for for one her plushie purses.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Tam I am » Mon May 10, 2021 2:34 pm

IT bag. I just learnt about those.

Yesterday I had Comfort the braided yarn doll crammed headfirst into a hoodie pocket with her feet sticking out. I love dolls that can't easily get messed up.

Tam I am

Postby Stormlight » Tue May 11, 2021 4:04 am

Ita bags, very popular trend. I think I’ve seen people selling doll-sized versions too. There’s a stand at my local anime con that sells them and I’ve considered picking one up once or twice. I think the only thing stopping me was the price for just the empty bag. :lol:
Stormlight

Postby Jobee » Wed May 12, 2021 7:57 pm

I have an Ita bag, I only use it at anime conventions, it's one of my favorite things tho!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'