Go to footer

My Current Pattern Collection

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: My Current Pattern Collection

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:18 pm

McCall’s Crafts
M6903

This one is a set of simple dresses. The main draw is the HUGE assortment of handbags and accessories, and the guide on how to make the storage unit on the front cover. The dresses are all from the same basic pattern, with varying skirt lengths and decorations. There are also patterns for two styles of clutch purses, seven other handbags, gloves, and instructions for necklaces, plus the instructions for turning a jewelry storage box into a sort of closet. And some hangers! Pattern should fit modern Barbie. Copyright date is 2014.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:34 pm

McCall’s Crafts
P364/620/9115

This pattern has been reprinted at least twice, so there are three different possible codes you can find this pattern under. I believe the 9115 code is probably the newest printing, as McCall almost exclusively uses 4 digit codes for their patterns now. The pattern includes instructions for View A (a Gown), View B (a second Gown with a Stole), View C (a strapless Dress), View D (a mermaid inspired Top and Skirt), View E (a Gown and Gloves), View F (a Coat, Cuffs, Collar, Muff, and Hat that somehow give major old school Holiday Barbie vibes), View G (a bikini Swimsuit), and View H (a long sleeved cropped Top and Pants). Copyright date on this particular printing is 1997.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:45 pm

McCall’s Crafts

This particular pattern is what I would refer to as “historical fantasy” costumes. It has some Medieval/Renaissance inspired costumes/outfits. And there’s even some options for Ken! A rarity, to be sure.

This set includes patterns for View A (a Dress, Cap, and Cape), View B (a Dress with a Robe and Train), View C (a Tunic, Hat, and Shoes for Ken). Copyright date is 2002.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:57 pm

McCall's Crafts

We’re moving on from historical fantasy to straight up fantasy with this one. This set includes patterns for View A (a fairy Dress, a Petticoat with Panties, and Wings), View b (a much fancier and frillier fairy Dress with Wings and Panties), View C (a Unicorn pattern), and View D (a Pegasus pattern made using the same horse base). You could easily make a winged unicorn or a basic horse using the unicorn/pegasus pattern. Copyright date is 2002.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:05 pm

McCall’s Crafts

Another fun fantasy pattern from McCall! This time we have a magical trio that includes outfits for Barbie, Ken, and Kelly! The patterns include View A (a Gown with a Petticoat, Hat, and Wand), View B (a Robe, Hat with attached Hair and Beard, Cape, Shoes, and Wand), and View C (a tiny Robe with a Hat, Cape, and Wand). This one would go great paired with the fairies from 3897 and the royal gowns from 3628. Copyright date is 2001.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:15 pm

Simplicity

Moving on to my current Simplicity collection, first up we have another fantasy themed set. Something I find interesting about this set is that it actually gives basic instructions for repainting a doll’s face, something I’ve never seen in a pattern before. It also gives instructions for sculpting the elf/fairy ears from clay. The there only two outfits in this one, View A (a more rustic fairy than the McCall’s pattern that includes a Dress, Vest, Shoes, and Wings), and View B (a fantasy-esque belly dancer style costume probably meant to be a stereotypical fortune teller that includes a Top, Skirt, Head Scarf, Waist Scarf, Shoes, and a Bracelet.) Copyright date is 2004.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:34 pm

Simplicity Archives

This one is a reprint of a vintage pattern, 4700. It contains a variety of 1960s era outfits, including View A (A Blouse, pleated Skirt, and Scarf), View B (a Coat and Scarf), View C & D (a Blouse that can be worn with either Pants or Shorts), View E & F (a Blouse that can be worn with either the short or long flared Skirt and a Jacket, plus Panties), and View G (a pretty formal Gown). It should be noted that while View G on the front cover shows gloves and a clutch purse, neither are included as patterns in this set. Copyright date for the reprinted pattern is 2002.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:45 pm

Simplicity Crafts
5356/6363/8333

Upon doing some research, this pattern is actually a reprint of 5356/6363 with recolored artwork, something I don’t know that I’ve seen before. The original printing of 5356 as well as 6363 show a red cape, red patterned dress with the belt, yellow sundress, yellow shorts and top set, and a dark blue skirt and vest for the Western inspired outfit. The jacket and pants set is also slightly lighter blue on the original printings. This set has a much more blue dominated cover for the envelope. They do appear to be the same patterns, though. This set includes View 1 (a Wedding Gown), View 2 (a Romper), View 3 (Pants, Jacket, and Top), View 4 (a Sundress), View 5 (Shorts and a Top), View 6 (Blouse, Vest, and Skirt), View 7 (a Dress), and View 8 (a the hooded Cape depicted on the cover). Copyright date on this reprint is 1987.
Last edited by Kattriella on Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:56 pm

Simplicity

This pattern set actually includes three of each pattern, one in each of three different sizes: Small (10 ½”), Medium (11 ½”), and Large (12 ½”). It includes View A (a Wedding Dress with a Detachable Train and Veil), View B (a fairytale princess style Dress), View C (a simple Dress), View D & E (A Jacket with optional ruffled collar for View E), View F (a Top that’s noted as being for knit fabrics only), View G (another Top noted as being for knit fabrics only), View H (a flared Skirt), View I (a more fitted/pleated Skirt), Views J&K (capri and full length Leggings noted as being for knit fabrics only), View L (a Scarf), and View M (a Belt). Copyright date is 2011.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:21 pm

Simplicity

This particular is absolutely dripping with early 2000s style (which makes since given the year it’s from). The artwork on the front gives me Mean Girls vibes for some reason. This pattern includes instructions for View A (an fancy formal Dress), View B (a Halter Top, Skirt, and Jacket), View C (a Halter Top and Skirt), View D (a cute Dress with a peasant-style gathered hem at the top), View E (a cute peasant style Top with cuffed Pants), View F (a long sleeved Top with Pants), View G (a three-quarter sleeve Top with capri Pants), and View H (a snuggly looking outfit with a Top, Pants, and a Jacket). Copyright date is 2004.
Kattriella

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'