Go to footer

My Current Pattern Collection

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: My Current Pattern Collection

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:21 pm

Simplicity

Another gem from the early 2000s (I might be a little biased having grown up in the 90s and 2000s). This pattern includes instructions for View A (a wedding Gown with Petticoat and Veil), View B (a mermaid-style formal Gown with a Petticoat and Shawl), View C (a cute little sundress type of Dress), View D (a Bustier, Skirt, and Shawl), View E (a Top and and ruffled Skirt), View F (a Top and Shorts), View G (a cropped T-Shirt and capri Pants), and View H (a long-sleeved T-Shirt and Pants). Copyright date is 2004.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:32 pm

Simplicity

An actually Barbie licensed pattern from the early 90s, the cover for this one is overwhelmingly pink, with lots of ruffles and big hair. This pattern includes instructions for View 1 (dress with a Jacket that matches the Skirt), View 2 (a Dress with a flared skirt), View 3 (a more fitted Dress with a peplum), View 4 (a fitted Dress and Coat), View 5 (a Skirt, Jacket, Gloves, and Purse), View 6 (a super ruffled dress), View 7 (a wedding dress with Gloves (gloves not shown on front cover)), View 8 (a halter top style Jumpsuit with an Overskirt), and View 9 (a fancy formal Dress with Gloves). Copyright date is 1992.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:40 pm

Simplicity Doll Collector’s Club
9522 Turn of the Century

This is a set of three highly detailed historical patterns based around fashions of the early 1900s. The pattern includes instructions for View A (a Tunic, Skirt, Hat, and a Handbag), View B (a Blouse, Skirt, Bustle, Hat, Parasol, and Handbag), and View C (a Blouse, Skirt, Bustle Train, Purse, Hat, and lady’s Walking Stick/cane). Copyright date is 2000.
Last edited by Kattriella on Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:55 pm

9664 Roaring 20s

This one includes outfits (supposedly) from 1915, 1920, and 1925. Includes instructions for View A (1925) (a Dress, Purse, and Hat), View B (1920) (a Coat, Head Band, and Evening Bag), and View C (1915) (a Dress with a sheer Overdress and a feathered Fan). Copyright date is 2001.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:08 pm

7037 Elegant Eighties

A collection of patterns for outfits from (supposedly) 1981, 1983, and 1987. The red and black dress on the front cover is almost a direct copy of a dress worn by Princess Diana, the only changes being the right glove being black instead of red and the addition of a beaded snowflake/flower at the bust and a shawl. Even the face of the model is clearly drawn to resemble her. The other outfits are leisurewear and a suit jacket with matching skirt. This pattern includes instructions for View A (the Diana gown, 1987) (a very pretty Dress with a Shawl, Slip. and Gloves). View B (1981) (Jacket and Skirt), and View C (1983) (a Sweatshirt, Top, Panties, and Leg Warmers). Copyright date is 2001.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:12 pm

I have more patterns than this (mainly Living Doll Fashions booklets), but these are all the ones I have photos of at this moment. It's currently 12:10 a.m., and I've been working on this all day. There's no way I'm setting up my camera right now. @u@ Plus, I have more coming in the mail right now. I'll try to get pictures of the rest of my collection when I'm off this week, if not next week.
Kattriella

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:49 pm

Love the turn of the century ones....very cool!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kattriella » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:18 pm

kenaiqueen wrote:Love the turn of the century ones....very cool!

I was showing my coworker my pictures, and she said the same thing! I love the "historic" ones.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:46 am

The half-tushed clothing historian in me would like to sit down and have a talk with the 'turn of the century' one and show it Tom Tierney paper dolls of the same era. The striped skirt one in particular makes me wonder what the references were because...

There are affordable Dover books 'Authentic Victorian Fashion Patterns' which I have that covers the 1890s and you can trace many of them, add seams and they'll fit some 1/6 dolls, and '59 Authentic turn-of-the-century Fashion Patterns' that show the real shapes and silhouettes of the era.

It doesn't help I'm in the middle of reading Codpieces and Crinolines right now.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:50 am

DollyKim wrote:The half-tushed clothing historian in me would like to sit down and have a talk with the 'turn of the century' one and show it Tom Tierney paper dolls of the same era. The striped skirt one in particular makes me wonder what the references were because...

There are affordable Dover books 'Authentic Victorian Fashion Patterns' which I have that covers the 1890s and you can trace many of them, add seams and they'll fit some 1/6 dolls, and '59 Authentic turn-of-the-century Fashion Patterns' that show the real shapes and silhouettes of the era.

It doesn't help I'm in the middle of reading Codpieces and Crinolines right now.

That's why I usually say "supposedly" in regards to when the clothes are SUPPOSED to be from. The patterns themselves are from around the year 2000, back before the huge but niche community of online fashion historians really came into being and started ripping apart inaccurate "historical" clothing. Heck, the "Roaring 20s" one says one of the patterns is, supposedly, from 1915. Now, I don't know about you, but I can't for the life of me figure out where 1915 falls between 1920 and 1929. So yeah, I take a lot of the "historical" looks with a grain of salt. Or the entire box.
Last edited by Kattriella on Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kattriella

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'