Go to footer

Doll Names

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Doll Names

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:46 pm

Ever have a doll tell you her name and you tell her you don't particularly like that name but she keeps on insisting? Sigh. My new Monday Smart Doll says her name is Penny. All I can think of is Penny from Big Bang Theory. I wanted to keep Ena as my girly girl with all the ruffles and the new doll as more modern, more edgy maybe. So I was thinking she needed a more edgy name. Like Mac. Or Gil. But she says her freakin' name is PENNY!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Doll Names

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:33 am

Are you at all familiar with Penny from RWBY? Maybe you can call her Pen?
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby davidd » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:42 am

Penny is an excellent name, cute yet adventurous and tough, bringing to mind Penny King of the Sky King TV series of the 1950s!

Plus, Penny could be short for Penelope, like Penelope Pitstop or Lady Penelope from Thunderbirds.

Excellent name.

Besides, once they insist, there's nothing you can do about it! :lol:
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Jobee » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:30 pm

My naming conventions are not very inspired. Character dolls usually keep their character names, everyone else gets 2 syllable, something cute names. Mika, Spooka, Feebee, Zeebee, Lola, Gabby... Amiga was lucky, she got a third syllable. Very special.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:46 pm

Kirahfaye wrote:Are you at all familiar with Penny from RWBY? Maybe you can call her Pen?

I take it that's a game? Not my thing but Pen will probably be a nick name anyway. Thanks!
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:53 pm

davidd wrote:Penny is an excellent name, cute yet adventurous and tough, bringing to mind Penny King of the Sky King TV series of the 1950s!

Plus, Penny could be short for Penelope, like Penelope Pitstop or Lady Penelope from Thunderbirds.

Thanks for reminding me of Penny on Sky King. I am old enough to appreciate her LOL! And Penelope Pitstop.

davidd wrote:Besides, once they insist, there's nothing you can do about it! :lol:

Laughed way too hard at this!
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:54 pm

Jobee wrote:My naming conventions are not very inspired. Character dolls usually keep their character names, everyone else gets 2 syllable, something cute names. Mika, Spooka, Feebee, Zeebee, Lola, Gabby... Amiga was lucky, she got a third syllable. Very special.

All cute names. I'm not very good at the name game. Tend to think of boring ones. If I remember rightly, Amiga is Spanish for friend so that's very appropriate!
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby SetsunaKou » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:33 pm

Awww, well she knows what she wants, eh? :)

And Penny sounds cute! Maybe she was secretly watching Inspector Gadget. :)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:32 pm

SetsunaKou wrote:And Penny sounds cute! Maybe she was secretly watching Inspector Gadget. :)

:lol:
I wanted to blame it on her hair but I tried the brunette wig on her and she still says Penny. So Penny it is.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:22 am

RWBY is an American made anime series from Rooster Teeth. Penny is the name of the super-advanced AI with a Pinocchio spirit - and my favorite character.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'