Go to footer

who makes these dolls?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

who makes these dolls?

Postby Hiro_heart » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:37 am

Been seeing these on my pinterest feed for some time, not normally for the anime looking dolls but they're kind'a growing on me. I know several companies have anime looking lines but I'm curious if anyone recognizes these specifically and where they come from.

Hiro_heart
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: who makes these dolls?

Postby Jobee » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:34 pm

They look like Parabox Obitsus to me, especially the tiny one, but I could be wrong.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Tam I am » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:45 pm

Azone? The different sizes makes me think of that, but most the Azone I've seen are in really frilly little dresses.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Stormlight » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:42 am

Could be mini dollfie dream too. At least that’s what the bigger ones look like. Smaller ones remind me of Azone or Obitsu.
Stormlight

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:20 pm

Could the big one be a Hime Ane if not a custom painted MDD?

The middle one reminds me of a Parabox Neko Imouto/Usako because of those stick in ears
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Hiro_heart » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:45 pm

Thanks for the guesses. I'll look into the different brands. The black hair and eared one I'm trying to determine if those are decals or inset eyes. I just can't quite tell. I do know it's custom as I found the owner's pictures on some site, shutterfly or something but they don't seem to say what brand anywhere.
Hiro_heart
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Stormlight » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:04 pm

The black-haired one looks like inset eyes to me.
Stormlight

Postby DollyKim » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:09 am

And I'd say decals because the highlights are flat and in the same place, I've painted a few like that myself. All the other eyes I've had, from flat* to half to round, have had some sort of dome or at least a gloss to them. Unless the photos have been filtered and photoshopped.

*I have some 'evil eye' jewelry that uses cheap flat doll eyes with just the slightest curve in a frame and they look more round than that.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Stormlight » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:47 am

But Dollfie Dream anime eyes have printed highlights, too, so that doesn't tell much. On the left eye on the corner, it clearly looks like a deep inset to me, unless someone did a really good custom paint job to get that deep-looking eyewell and the line shadow under that separates the eye from the head. I've never seen a decal with that much detail to make it look three-dimensional.

Edit: I did a google image search and found it on Flikr. He is a DDH-01 head on a Mini Dollfie Dream body. There are more pics too, dressed as both boy and girl. I think the MDD body is more female-looking but not sure that it's actually gendered.

I think the blonde might be the same head with different eyes.
Stormlight

Postby Hiro_heart » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:02 pm

Cool. Thank you, thank you.
Hiro_heart
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'