Go to footer

How Many Dolls Do You Have?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

How Many Dolls Do You Have?

Postby Jobee » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:46 pm

Since I'm moving in the spring, I took inventory of what I have currently, and much to my surprise, I realized I have 51 dolls! I thought I had 20-ish, I was WAAAAAAAY off! When I tallied up the list, I panicked. In my defense, I have kept some dolls from my childhood and for many years. I have been collecting for a long time. This number of dolls didn't happen overnight.

On the other hand, that's not a bad collection, is it? The point of a collecting hobby is to have a collection, and I think I've accomplished that. Still, gonna downsize because moving to a smaller space.

How about you? How many dolls do you have? How do you feel about that number? Does it make you proud or concerned?
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: How Many Dolls Do You Have?

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:09 am

I take it you don't mean plushies or smaller than 1/6 action figures which I no longer collect.

I had a 17 years hiatus from Barbie before my current dolls set up shop. The population has stabilized at 18 1/6 dolls and 8 Bjds over the span of 15 years. I am satisfied as I own my minor grail(my biggest dude) who managed to dethrone a major grail.

My dolls made me realised I love the customizability of this hobby, I end up letting both scale crew cosplay in the name of new outfits. I make or buy them stuff to build up their world. I no longer feel the need to buy action figures of my fave game character whenever there's a new release. One customed made character doll went so far as to overshadow the official doll...
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:29 am

I'm at the no real idea stage, I had plans of doing a catalog and purge this summer but **** happens, but I do know the amount is concerning and a big reason I'm not getting any of the new lines and only actively looking to upgrade existing dolls. Most are Mattel, including round 1 Monster High, Star Trek Playmates 5" and company, the next largest group would be Power Team Elite, then Liv I think. Anyone else I have four or less of. There's a batch of singletons that were either for my old website or something like Creatable World where one ended up being enough.

All the Volks and Obitsu fit in to one Barbie tote. For balljoints I have 2 Dollzone 70s, 2 Dollzone minis, a Dollzone BB, a Dollzone 11cm, 2 Orientdolls 40 and 11cm, a Puki Puki, a Felixdoll Brownie, a Hujoo girl, a Dollkot fairy, an Eve Studio guy, and an Obitsu 60 with a spare boy chest and head.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby maywong » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:47 am

I have lost count. LOL
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:20 am

Ooh, this makes me want to take an inventory when I'm off! Problem is, half my crew at work is out so I, so who knows when that will be. @u@
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Tasuke » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:34 am

Eight now, all technically customs.

MegaHouse, KOTOBUKIYA, TAKARA Liccarize and AZONE Pure Neemo
Anime character doll heads,
all shifted from their stock doll bodies, onto the aftermarket OBITSU BODY 26cm.

here is but one example;

To Heart 2 "Konomi Yuzuhara"

ORIGINAL BODY;

OBITSU 26;

Last edited by Tasuke on Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:16 am

I've lost count too. Probably between 150 to 200. Some are still in storage. Weeding out will not happen til we get through this move but I will need to get rid of some.''
ETA: I had to list my dolls for an insurance rider and came up with 114 that needed the coverage. I only listed the most expensive and those I bought online mostly. I have too many Barbies to count them all and most are not valuable. Plus I didn't know where the DH stashed my Monster High/EverAfter High dolls, so I didn't count them either.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:09 pm

I have come to the conclusion that my doll collection isn't as big as I originally thought. I'll still be donating some to charity, but instead of getting rid of a lot, I'm going to change how I store them so they take less space. They need a storage system that is safer to take across the country too. I ordered some plastic shoe storage boxes today, They come with lids and are stackable, so I think this will be better at least for now.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Kattriella » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:27 pm

Jobee wrote:I have come to the conclusion that my doll collection isn't as big as I originally thought. I'll still be donating some to charity, but instead of getting rid of a lot, I'm going to change how I store them so they take less space. They need a storage system that is safer to take across the country too. I ordered some plastic shoe storage boxes today, They come with lids and are stackable, so I think this will be better at least for now.

The shoeboxes are a godsend, trust me. It's how I store my doll clothes, accessories, and any dolls that are Skipper sized or smaller.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:45 am

I can now add 5 heads to the mix...

Target has just put out clear stackable bins in several sizes and heights, including 12x12. Lowes hardware store and the 99 (cent) store have had plastic shoe box sized bins with attractive designs at a reasonable price.

Do share pics when they arrive because I'm always looking for storage solutions.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'