Go to footer

How Many Dolls Do You Have?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: How Many Dolls Do You Have?

Postby Jobee » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:16 pm

Tadaaaa! It's not finished, but it looks really good, right? It's the same doll shelf I always had, but now it fits double the amount of dolls I had on display there. And they're all secure and ready to go cross-country in the spring. I just need a few more of these boxes and everyone, young and old, will have a home, except Amiga, she does not fit, obviously.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Kattriella » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:21 pm

That looks great!

I really need to get time off to work on my own setup . . .
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Tam I am » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:35 pm

How many dolls do I have? I have filled two huge bins and one large bin, and have not even started on the Monster High or the Transformers as I pack to move. I feel like I'm losing my mind.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby DollyKim » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:28 am

What brand of tubs are those?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby davidd » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:33 am

Tam I am wrote:How many dolls do I have? I have filled two huge bins and one large bin, and have not even started on the Monster High or the Transformers as I pack to move. I feel like I'm losing my mind.

That's how I felt when I moved a couple (or was it four... or five) years ago. Some of the tubs remain untouched. What was I thinking, accumulating so much, and then moving it all? I think I need to tackle a Great Purge this summer.

But not right now.

From where I'm sitting, I can see:

3 Smart Dolls
9 "action figure" type dolls (TBLeague and Cy Girls mostly)
1 Bratz
6 Pinky Street

:? That makes 19 that are basically piled or stacked or sitting on or around my computer desk.

There are 3 more in the garage, and probably 4 or 5 in a storage tub in the other room. That's 27, and those are just "a few I'll take with me" for a couple of months out of the snow in mid-winter.
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:27 pm

davidd wrote:
Tam I am wrote:How many dolls do I have? I have filled two huge bins and one large bin, and have not even started on the Monster High or the Transformers as I pack to move. I feel like I'm losing my mind.

That's how I felt when I moved a couple (or was it four... or five) years ago. Some of the tubs remain untouched. What was I thinking, accumulating so much, and then moving it all? I think I need to tackle a Great Purge this summer.

But not right now.

From where I'm sitting, I can see:

3 Smart Dolls
9 "action figure" type dolls (TBLeague and Cy Girls mostly)
1 Bratz
6 Pinky Street

:? That makes 19 that are basically piled or stacked or sitting on or around my computer desk.

There are 3 more in the garage, and probably 4 or 5 in a storage tub in the other room. That's 27, and those are just "a few I'll take with me" for a couple of months out of the snow in mid-winter.

Tha's nothing. You have space for more. LOL
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Tam I am » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:49 pm

DollyKim wrote:What brand of tubs are those?

Sterilite. Basically what Wal-Mart had available several years ago.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby Jobee » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:26 pm

The ones in my picture are Sterilite. I ordered them from Amazon . There are cheaper ones, but the cheaper ones had bad reviews and I've been using Sterilite for years.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Kattriella » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:37 pm

Jobee wrote:
The ones in my picture are Sterilite. I ordered them from Amazon . There are cheaper ones, but the cheaper ones had bad reviews and I've been using Sterilite for years.

I'm pretty sure Sterilite is the best, at least I think so. I've had cheaper ones crack from almost no pressure at all, but Sterilite needs a pretty hard knock or fall to crack.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:09 am

I will say the big 66 Sterilite tubs did better than the Rubbermaid ones in storage. A couple of the lids cracked, they were filled up and stacked tall and it easily reached triple digits, but the tubs themselves held. Of the few Rubbermaid that remain one turned its self into a soft sculpture somehow.

The current living situation definitely has a need for putting my space to as good of use as possible. I wish what I was using for stackable pencil boxes came in doll size. Or the new trays at Target weren't that clear hard plastic that cracks of you look at it funny :/
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'