Go to footer

Weirdest Doll Complaints?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Weirdest Doll Complaints?

Postby Kattriella » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:45 am

Besides the usual, "Her boobs are too big!" or, "That doll is too skinny!", I wanna know what the weirdest complaints you've ever heard or read about dolls/a doll are.

Mine is a comment/review I read for a Tall Barbie. The complaint was, "I just think her waist should be smaller, and she needs more curves at the hip and bust. I'm going to return it."

So yeah, somebody is upset because "titty too smol" on the Tall Barbies.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Weirdest Doll Complaints?

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:10 am

My nephew asked me why my Smart Dolls had such overly-long legs. I just said it was the style, but my big sis, the artist and his mother pointed out that 'ideal model' figures have always had longer legs in their proportions. It's funny, but I never liked the Evangeline Ghastly dolls because their elongated bodys/legs seemed off to me, but I love the way my Smarties look.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:19 pm

Artist talk about how we're hard wired to accept some deformation on features we like, long legs, big eyes, things that look "cute".

Why is there a joint seam there but it doesn't work/move?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jobee » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:04 pm

Lots of people think Rainbow High dolls aren't skinny enough. I personally think the thicker bodies are a feature, not a flaw. Some Karens call them slut dolls or pervert dolls, but I don't really know why...

Curvy Barbie has some complainers too. Some people say she's too fat. Others say she's not fat enough.

Different skin color dolls get complaints too. When my Rainbow High Sunny came out, people argued she wasn't black enough. But I've seen darker dolls get complaints that they're "too black".
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby davidd » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:31 am

Jobee wrote:Some Karens call them slut dolls....

Ah yes, I remember the days when Bratz had a monopoly on that segment of the market! :lol:

I recall with amusement a review of Monster High dolls that was published years ago when they were first released that criticized their "scandalously short skirts."
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:25 pm

davidd wrote:

Ah yes, I remember the days when Bratz had a monopoly on that segment of the market! :lol:

I recall with amusement a review of Monster High dolls that was published years ago when they were first released that criticized their "scandalously short skirts."

Translation: "They dress like teenage girls and I don't like it! "

Seriously, I love people who complain about dolls that are meant to be teens or adults dressing like teens and adults.
Kattriella

Postby Tam I am » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:40 pm

Kattriella wrote:
davidd wrote:

Translation: "They dress like teenage girls and I don't like it! "

Seriously, I love people who complain about dolls that are meant to be teens or adults dressing like teens and adults.

I haven't seen many teens with skirts THIS short. *thoughtful look at the Music Festival girls I have* But then a lot of teen girls like to be warm, so maybe that's why they don't go for the skirts like that around here.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby DollyKim » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:19 am

How many of the "slut" dolls have fashions designed by men as opposed to women? How many of them do field research to see what people the age the dolls represent are actually wearing? Would the same people be upset if the Fulla doll and her modesty dress were on the store shelves?

And then you get that guy who slapped his face on the "average" shaped doll and dressed her in clothes some people called "slut shaming" when comparing them to the clothes plus sized Barbies are dressed in. What's with saying be proud of your body shape but cover it up at the same time?

When they get tired of trying to control artistic representations of women's bodies and projecting their grown ass thoughts onto children they can see what kids are actually playing with their dolls. My Barbies are going to be over here in a shoe box tied to a 3 legged Breyer with a shoe lace going on a wagon ride.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:41 am

DollyKim wrote:How many of the "slut" dolls have fashions designed by men as opposed to women? How many of them do field research to see what people the age the dolls represent are actually wearing? Would the same people be upset if the Fulla doll and her modesty dress were on the store shelves?

And then you get that guy who slapped his face on the "average" shaped doll and dressed her in clothes some people called "slut shaming" when comparing them to the clothes plus sized Barbies are dressed in. What's with saying be proud of your body shape but cover it up at the same time?

When they get tired of trying to control artistic representations of women's bodies and projecting their grown ass thoughts onto children they can see what kids are actually playing with their dolls. My Barbies are going to be over here in a shoe box tied to a 3 legged Breyer with a shoe lace going on a wagon ride.

This is why I genuinely miss the Fashion Avenue and Fashion Fever days of Barbie, or the My Scene days, and Marie Kate and Ashley dolls. They had a huge range of clothes that were actually popular with kids and young adults at the time.
Kattriella

Postby Tam I am » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:35 pm

DollyKim wrote:My Barbies are going to be over here in a shoe box tied to a 3 legged Breyer with a shoe lace going on a wagon ride.

LMBO! W00t!

And my Mina Moody Nanana will be hanging out with a crochet zombie bunny.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'