Go to footer

Safe to buy?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Safe to buy?

Postby versora » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:45 pm

I found this store called Ucanaan, and it has a lot of pretty dolls. And I wanna make sure none of them are recasts. trying to find a doll for my project.

here's the link: https://ucanaan.com
"We don't make mistakes. Just happy little accidents." -- Bob Ross
versora
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Safe to buy?

Postby victoriavictrix » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:07 am

Despite the claims of some people here who have never actually had their hands on one of these dolls (I own several) these are not recasts. However they are not allowed on Den of Angels because they are also not strung resin BJDs, they are PVC/ABS dolls that are hinge-ball-joints, and I believe they have a skeleton, although I don't know for sure, because I have not taken one apart.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:32 am

Very pretty dolls!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby SetsunaKou » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:35 pm

I've also purchased 2-3 of these dolls and they are very good quality, especially for their price!! They're rather similar to Obitsu 60cm dolls (not copies, just a similar type of doll) but are actually sturdier! :laughs:
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby versora » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:02 pm

victoriavictrix wrote:Despite the claims of some people here who have never actually had their hands on one of these dolls (I own several) these are not recasts. However they are not allowed on Den of Angels because they are also not strung resin BJDs, they are PVC/ABS dolls that are hinge-ball-joints, and I believe they have a skeleton, although I don't know for sure, because I have not taken one apart.

So, they are similar in make to Obitsu? Because they too have the same structure, I may have to go with an obistu for my project. Good to know they aren't recasts.
versora

Postby Kattriella » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:59 pm

Oh no, don't give me something new to obsess over . . .
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby versora » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:02 pm

oops.... sowwy
versora

Postby victoriavictrix » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:18 am

versora wrote:
victoriavictrix wrote:Despite the claims of some people here who have never actually had their hands on one of these dolls (I own several) these are not recasts. However they are not allowed on Den of Angels because they are also not strung resin BJDs, they are PVC/ABS dolls that are hinge-ball-joints, and I believe they have a skeleton, although I don't know for sure, because I have not taken one apart.

So, they are similar in make to Obitsu? Because they too have the same structure, I may have to go with an obistu for my project. Good to know they aren't recasts.

The problem is going to be FINDING an Obitsu.
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby versora » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:42 am

victoriavictrix wrote:
versora wrote:

The problem is going to be FINDING an Obitsu.

oh my lordy loo, yes. and they are just as expensive as a resin doll...... I may have to.... find cheap similar dolls. I know better than to invoke certain topics. So Yeah I'm still doll hunting
versora

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:24 am

They are going to be easiest to find on ebay, and your best bet will be to search "ABS Doll" and "PVC Doll" in your required size.

There's also @Kikichan (here occasionally) who has her own doll company doing resin, but they are not cheap.

https://www.facebook.com/sweetdollsbjd/

https://m.facebook.com/sweetdollsbjd/
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'