Go to footer

2022 Holiday Fun Finds

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

2022 Holiday Fun Finds

Postby Kattriella » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:00 pm

I figured since September is almost over, it was time someone started the annual holiday fun finds thread! I'll kick it off with these:

They're mug ornaments! They look like a good size for 1/4 or 1/3 scale. They're in the Christmas section at Walmart.

Feel free to post fun finds for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or your fall/winter holidays of choice!
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: 2022 Holiday Fun Finds

Postby davidd » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:51 pm

They look like ceramic Christmas mugs my grandparents had when I was a leeeetle kiddo!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:45 am

davidd wrote:They look like ceramic Christmas mugs my grandparents had when I was a leeeetle kiddo!

They actually are ceramic! I thought that was pretty cool.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:08 am

Elf Mates are back this year.

Got a little overly excited setting up for photos.

The sleeping bags are too small for a Barbie or Obitsu 27cm, but they fit a 23cm perfectly, and they still make excellent props for the bigger girls. The shirts make great oversized T-shirts for Barbie and Skipper. I didn't end up putting the vest on Shailoh, but it DOES fit both the bigger Integrity boys and a modern Ken.
Kattriella

Postby maywong » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:18 pm

Where did you find them?
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:45 am

It looks like there's an actual Elfmates.com and Elfontheshelf.com along with the usual online places and box stores that sell Elf on the Shelf stuff.

At first I thought they were from Big Lots because I've seen stuff like wine bottle sleeping bags. I'd check wine stores for those sort of things.

For some reason I'm also getting Five Below vibes.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:58 pm

I specifically bought these at Dollar General, but I know I've also seen them on Amazon in a bundle and I'm sure other stores probably have them.

Edit: It looks like they might be a Dollar General only thing. :P It looks like a lot of people on eBay are selling the shirts and accessories from last year, though, so that's something to potentially keep an eye on. It's only a matter of time before the newer stuff starts popping up.

I also just fell down the elf in the shelf Christmas sweater rabbit hole on Amazon. They look like they might fit 1:6 scale. Send help.
Last edited by Kattriella on Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:55 am

A few years back the 99 (cent) Store had knitted sweaters and hats as ornaments.

If the shirts fit I'll reckon the sweaters will too.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:25 am

DollyKim wrote:A few years back the 99 (cent) Store had knitted sweaters and hats as ornaments.

If the shirts fit I'll reckon the sweaters will too.

I've desperately been looking for doll sized Christmas sweaters for a couple years now, I never even thought about Elf on the Shelf having clothing options.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:37 am

Unless you knit or crochet I'd say cut up and sew socks and dog sweaters. There are ugly sweater ornament pattern books, experiment with larger hooks/needles to get them to desired doll sized.

And check wine stores, not liquor stores but those dedicated alcohol stores, for sweaters and bags for wine bottles.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'