Go to footer

Doll Burnout?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Doll Burnout?

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:22 am

Tam I am wrote:
davidd wrote:
Kirahfaye wrote: That is where I have been for much of this year, across the board burnout. I thinned out a number of dolls (mostly Monster High), started to feel better about the hobby and about life in general, but now the malaise is setting in again.

Time to start making your own.

That's not my quote....... :?:
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:35 pm

I think the quote system bugged out a little bit.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby davidd » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:30 pm

Kattriella wrote:I think the quote system bugged out a little bit.

It's tricky to quote posts that have already quoted other posts.

:shock: And then... and then... a comment is attributed to someone who didn't actually say it, and then it gets re-quoted and re-posted again, and soon the origins are lost in time while somebody else gets the blame for a distorted comment. Kind of... standard modern media operating procedure!

:lol:
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:40 pm

Well, I can certainly tell y'all how not to make a ball jointed doll, lol.

This got me thinking how I still haven't been able to photograph and catalog my dolls and doing a bit of purging because life keeps getting in the way.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:49 pm

...Whoops!

I find some of the most fun dolls to make happen when you have no idea what you're doing and some cheap modeling clay, some old clothes, and some sewing stuff and hot glue. ...I'm not thinking of BJD, of course. :lol:
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Jobee » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:47 pm

DollyKim wrote:
I wish we all lived closer to each other so we could have face to face doll meetings some times.

OMG yes! That would be amazing.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby DollyKim » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:38 am

Yeah, positive human contact is the next big step in my healing. I just know if I found someone who has the pieces I'm missing we could make our own dolls and stuff.

Now, one of the stories I'm trying to write just helped its self by reading a past draft and finding the little sparkles that hadn't made it in to the notes. It has me thinking if I gave each doll individual time it would remind me of why they're here. Little things like never cut Bram's hair, "Who are you playing with?" "House (md)", it'll be Halloween soon and no matter how I feel I promise Xavier he'll have a spooky time on his birthday.

He'll be David S Pumpkins again because we can't reach the storage tub with his clothes, any questions?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby davidd » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:58 pm

DollyKim wrote: ... because we can't reach the storage tub with his clothes, any questions?

:lol: No, no questions from me!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:57 am

Y'all are welcome to join us on our outings, just come dressed as a skeleton or wear something with skeletons on it.

Xavier being born on Halloween helped turn around a lot of things for me concerning the holiday. Throwing a birthday party for your doll(s) is another way to reconnect. I remember saving a box of Rement to open on the Littles' collective birthday and taking pictures to look like they were doing the opening.

So maybe a photo shoot or a photo story might help rekindle something?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jobee » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:30 pm

Me and hubby are turning to tabletop gaming to get our regularly scheduled social interaction. Dungeons & Dragons Saturday, Warhammer Sunday. Yep, I went from dolls to miniatures. I have a small 500 point Space Dwarf army. In pieces, in need to be painted... But I got some female heads for all my army guys, because there weren't any...
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'