Go to footer

Which doll body looks better.

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Which doll body looks better.

Postby victoriavictrix » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:17 am

heatherchandler711 wrote:
victoriavictrix wrote:I'd take $5 apiece plus shipping for the silicon bodies, just to get them somewhere they get used and played with.

Same question as I asked Setsunakou. If you don’t wish to scroll that far, I’ll type it here again. Would they be good to switch out doll heads. Self-disclosure, I’m a bit of a hoarder and don’t want too much stuff taking up space.

They should....but they only come in one color, which is the usual "Caucasian skintone."
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby SetsunaKou » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:12 pm

SetsunaKou wrote:If you don’t like the Disney Store bodies, and want something more posable, then the next best which will look just right proportionally wise, is the Made to Move Barbie bodies.

The palest mtm body right now is the Purple top made to my be Amazon exclusive. But it’s more like the other princesses skin tone rather than Elsa. Still, it’d look okay on her as it’s pretty pale, just not super pale.

But would it be good if I wanted to switch the doll heads? In case you were wondering, you were the artist for these and you have done such stellar work.

The MtM bodies have the same type neckpost (just longer) as the Disney Princess bodies. So not too easy to switch out.
The Obitsu I guess would be easiest but the shoulder span/ratio is a little small/slender for the Disney Princess heads.

But if you're good with her on the Obitsu, it'll work! :)

:hugs: Happy New Year and always 'thanks!'

Did you get the Elsa Finale 17" doll safely? The tracking says it reached you last week. :) :hugs:
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby heatherchandler711 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:11 pm

SetsunaKou wrote:
SetsunaKou wrote:If you don’t like the Disney Store bodies, and want something more posable, then the next best which will look just right proportionally wise, is the Made to Move Barbie bodies.

The palest mtm body right now is the Purple top made to my be Amazon exclusive. But it’s more like the other princesses skin tone rather than Elsa. Still, it’d look okay on her as it’s pretty pale, just not super pale.

But would it be good if I wanted to switch the doll heads? In case you were wondering, you were the artist for these and you have done such stellar work.

The MtM bodies have the same type neckpost (just longer) as the Disney Princess bodies. So not too easy to switch out.
The Obitsu I guess would be easiest but the shoulder span/ratio is a little small/slender for the Disney Princess heads.

But if you're good with her on the Obitsu, it'll work! :)

:hugs: Happy New Year and always 'thanks!'

Did you get the Elsa Finale 17" doll safely? The tracking says it reached you last week. :) :hugs:

I did, she is ah-mazing, sitting on my dresser where she can keep a watch over my safe space.
heatherchandler711
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby heatherchandler711 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:15 pm

victoriavictrix wrote:
victoriavictrix wrote:I'd take $5 apiece plus shipping for the silicon bodies, just to get them somewhere they get used and played with.

Same question as I asked Setsunakou. If you don’t wish to scroll that far, I’ll type it here again. Would they be good to switch out doll heads. Self-disclosure, I’m a bit of a hoarder and don’t want too much stuff taking up space.

They should....but they only come in one color, which is the usual "Caucasian skintone."

If you think they would, I’ll take one, if you think they could fit all my dolly’s clothes.
heatherchandler711
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'