Go to footer

Which doll body looks better.

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Which doll body looks better.

Postby heatherchandler711 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:48 pm

Image Snow Queen Elsa is using an Obitsu 1/6 scale female body. Villain Elsa is using a different body (the shoes were too big for the feet). Which body do you all think works better?
heatherchandler711
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Which doll body looks better.

Postby DollyKim » Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:44 am

Can't tell from just one picture, it would help to see more.

What do you like and dislike about each body?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby davidd » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:06 am

I have seen some photos online of Ilsa figures assembled using 1/6 scale "seamless" bodies by TBLeague or Jiaou, which would give you another option, and which would eliminate the shoulder joints that these gowns reveal.
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby victoriavictrix » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:24 am

davidd wrote:I have seen some photos online of Ilsa figures assembled using 1/6 scale "seamless" bodies by TBLeague or Jiaou, which would give you another option, and which would eliminate the shoulder joints that these gowns reveal.

If you are talking about the silicon bodies with the internal skeleton that Jakks Pacific used to make, I have some of those I'd be willing to part with cheap.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby davidd » Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:24 am

Yes, silicone or TPE flexible bodies with internal armatures.

Giantoy.com is a good source for the new ones, and the site offers some size and colour guides:

https://giantoy.com/blogs/guides/tbleag ... body-shape

https://giantoy.com/blogs/guides/skin-t ... ss-figures
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby heatherchandler711 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:31 pm

victoriavictrix wrote:
davidd wrote:I have seen some photos online of Ilsa figures assembled using 1/6 scale "seamless" bodies by TBLeague or Jiaou, which would give you another option, and which would eliminate the shoulder joints that these gowns reveal.

If you are talking about the silicon bodies with the internal skeleton that Jakks Pacific used to make, I have some of those I'd be willing to part with cheap.

This post has kinda been on the back burner for me, I might be interested. I kinda like the Obitsu body better because the other one doesn’t really look right. Unfortunately I have no other photos as there’s really no where good to take them in my house, you gotta make what you have work, if that makes sense. I also have several doll heads that I would like to switch out on the bodies, that’s kinda my main point, I wasn’t sure if people were going to respond, I’m flattered.
heatherchandler711
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby SetsunaKou » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:27 pm

If you don’t like the Disney Store bodies, and want something more posable, then the next best which will look just right proportionally wise, is the Made to Move Barbie bodies.

The palest mom body right now is the Purple top made to my be Amazon exclusive. But it’s more like the other princesses skin tone rather than Elsa. Still, it’d look okay on her as it’s pretty pale, just not super pale.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby victoriavictrix » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:34 am

I'd take $5 apiece plus shipping for the silicon bodies, just to get them somewhere they get used and played with.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby heatherchandler711 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:19 pm

SetsunaKou wrote:If you don’t like the Disney Store bodies, and want something more posable, then the next best which will look just right proportionally wise, is the Made to Move Barbie bodies.

The palest mom body right now is the Purple top made to my be Amazon exclusive. But it’s more like the other princesses skin tone rather than Elsa. Still, it’d look okay on her as it’s pretty pale, just not super pale.

But would it be good if I wanted to switch the doll heads? In case you were wondering, you were the artist for these and you have done such stellar work.
heatherchandler711
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby heatherchandler711 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:21 pm

victoriavictrix wrote:I'd take $5 apiece plus shipping for the silicon bodies, just to get them somewhere they get used and played with.

Same question as I asked Setsunakou. If you don’t wish to scroll that far, I’ll type it here again. Would they be good to switch out doll heads. Self-disclosure, I’m a bit of a hoarder and don’t want too much stuff taking up space.
heatherchandler711
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'