Go to footer

Happy New Year! Doll Plans for 2023?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Happy New Year! Doll Plans for 2023?

Postby Jobee » Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:56 pm

Happy New Year every dolly!

2022 started out really rough for my doll collection, since I committed a brutal sort and toss last January. Hopefully, I won't have to do that again for a long time. I also couldn't buy any new dolls for the first half of the year, since I was moving in the summer. Post summer move, I went a little crazy, and bought a complete set of Equestria Girls dolls. Also, in November, I bought 4 Bratz repros. Sprinkle in a few Rainbow High dolls and two Shadow High for Christmas, and I have back to the same amount of dolls as I got rid of in January...

2023 is going to be a year of designing and sewing for me! I have no intention of buying more characters, and plan to invest my time, skills, and money into building their wardrobes, as well as taking tons of pictures! I would like to get articulated bodies for my 4 Bratz girls, but other than that, no new dolls unless something really impresses or excites me. Famous last words, I know.

How about you? What did your doll collections go through in 2022? Any big plans for 2023?
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: Happy New Year! Doll Plans for 2023?

Postby Stormlight » Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:09 am

I don’t really have a set goal for dolls this year. My Rainbow and Shadow and Monster High collection kind of exploded last year so I should probably take it easy this year, although the second SH series has a few I’m interested in.

For BJDs, I actually have an Illua Dell on order with Dollmore and I’m hoping he’ll be shipped by the end of this month. I’ve seriously cut back with the bjd buying though. I’m trying very hard to keep my finances under control now that I’ve gotten them down to manageable levels.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:03 am

I would like to play with the dolls I already have and make instead of buy. Or at least have a list of 'I Tried' projects. And I'd like to get the dollhouse furnished and occupied again.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:07 am

My main goal to to start making the sets I need to finally start my photostories. Other than that, I want to collect the rest of the Barbie Looks dolls. I have four so far.
Kattriella

Postby Tam I am » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:52 pm

Mostly just getting the dolls I have finished in mods or outfits, though I would like a Fashion Fidget and a Nanana Surprise mini Tuesday Meow.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:33 pm

It's looking like some Smart Doll boys will be released this year so I'm hoping I can save up to get one. I'd also like to swap out my Genesis head for a Dimension since I can't afford another girl. I'm sure I'll fall prey to the Rainbow High trap if I see any at a good price but I'm trying to hold back on those. And if they come out with more Barbie looks, I will probably want some of those too. What I'd really like to do is do more sewing, especially for my Smarties. I'm also hoping to finish a couple of outfits for project dolls I have.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:06 pm

I'm looking forward to the new Smart Doll bodies. I wish Danny would work on the 16 inch dolls again, but apparently they have been a lot of trouble with manufacturing issues on that size.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:28 am

I haven't done much with my dolls in a long time..... but I recently bought a Rainbow High doll and dug out the clothing box to put her in a different shirt because I didn't like either of the ones she came with..... now I'm getting the itch to go back and finish some of my old projects, like changing out Rosiel's head and putting together another 1/6th scale Obsitus that I bought all the parts for (head/body/wig/eyes/outfit) but then just left sitting in a box for years.

I probably need to buy new paints before I attempt any faceups.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'