Go to footer

Doll Romance

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Doll Romance

Postby Jobee » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:17 pm

Does anyone else put their dolls in couples? Or is that just me?

About 95% of my dolls are in couples. I started pairing them up years ago, and have done it ever since. Each doll gets a spouse, or a lover, or at least a best friend. I tend to collect my dolls in sets of 2. I dunno if it was because of Toy Story or what, but I never want my toys to get lonely when I'm not playing with them...
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: Doll Romance

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:22 pm

Absolutely! I don't think we have any dolls that aren't paired off!!!! :)

Doll couples are the best!!! :) They won't get lonely for sure!

But 100% of our dolls are anime, cartoon or movie/book characters, so they pretty much have set partners.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kattriella » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:33 pm

My dolls are pretty much all based on characters from stories I've written over the years, so a lot of them are paired up with their partners from their stories. Then there are some who don't have partners in their stories who have partners in the Dollyverse.

Now I'm thinking I need to do a Valentine's Day photoshoot next year . . .
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Stormlight » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:17 am

Yup! I have a few couples in my collection. And a few more planned for future. :mrgreen:
Stormlight

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:33 am

I only have 2 guys and they are paired based off OCs. My daughter has 2 females to represent herself and her trans partner.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Jobee » Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:18 pm

I only have a few boys too. Most of my pairings are same-gender. I think I have 1 het couple. I've always had a tendency to make lesbian pairings with dolls. Hard not to when boy dolls are so uncommon. That, and I was very gay as a child. :lol:
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Tam I am » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:00 pm

I have Arcee and Ratchet from Transformers Animated, and they've adopted a couple tinier bots as their babies, as well as adopting Bumblebee (who is a girl in my dollyverse). I also have a soft Optimus Prime who is married to my 27cm Obitsu softbody, who is a female version of the Wolverine. They've adopted two little rubber babies from a gumball machine in Omaha. My Elf Behaving Badly is longing for the wife and kids that his company made him, but they've never come to Canada.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby Jobee » Wed May 31, 2023 2:25 pm

Guys, I'm struggling to pair up my new Monster High dolls. I was so much better at coming up with pairings with Rainbow High. I'm happy with Cleo and Frankie, them being canon in the cartoon and all, but I'm not sure who else is shippy! Some people have paired up Draculaura and Lagoona because Draculaura saves Lagoona in an episode and Lagoona fawns over her, but I didn't really see that as shippy, though now that I've typed it out, it sounds pretty shippy. But if I pair Draculaura with Lagoona, who will be with Clawdeen? My options are Ghoulia, Abbey, and Twyla... I kinda wanted to pair Abbey with Twyla because they're both only in one episode each and tall ghoul with smol ghoul sounds so FREAKING cute. That leaves Ghoulia to be with Clawdeen, but they're not really a pairing at all... I originally paired up Draculaura with Clawdeen because both main characters who get a lot of screen time together, and Ghoulia with Lagoona because both secondary characters, but that whole bit where Draculaura saves Lagoona is really shippy after watching it a second time! Should I pair Drac with Lagoona and Clawdeen with Ghoulia? Or maybe leave Clawdeen and Ghoulia shipless for now until season 2 airs and more characters come out? I currently have them organized and shipped by relevancy, but I don't wanna deny the Dracugoona ship either! Also, I kinda ship Movie Clawdeen with Movie Frankie because Frankie and Clawdeen were each other's first friends ever! But cartoon ship Frankie with Cleo because they have a whole episode about it!

I just don't want any lonely dollies on my doll shelf!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'