Go to footer

Marina little mermaid custom.

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Marina little mermaid custom.

Postby Blackhk » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:20 pm

I keep screwing up and I'm sad. My doll I botched her head
Please help if you can.
Blackhk
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Marina little mermaid custom.

Postby DollyKim » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:24 am

What type of doll is it and can you post any pictures?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Blackhk » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:12 pm

The doll is a licca chan doll. I can send you a pic via instagram or post it here.
DollyKim wrote:What type of doll is it and can you post any pictures?
Blackhk
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:54 pm

Post it here if possible so that any of our members can try to help.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Blackhk » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:38 pm

Blackhk
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Blackhk » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:41 pm

Kirahfaye wrote:Post it here if possible so that any of our members can try to help.
I dropped the link below.
Blackhk
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby victoriavictrix » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:17 am

It's OK honey, that's just a re-rooting fail. First, you need better hair. Second, you need a rerooting tool if you don't already have one, unless you want to go the "root with a needle" route.

This is fixable. I'll let one of the folks here like DollyKim that do a lot more rerooting than I do walk you through it. You'll be fine!
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:55 am

Now that I've figured out who the doll is supposed to be it really shouldn't be that hard to find a Licca or at least a head with yellow hair then look up on line how to give her bangs. It will be cheaper to got to Ebay and get a head from China. That's what I would do.

I reroot with the needle and thread method shown at DollyHair.com, they also have the formula for how much hair you should have. I also get good hair from places on Etsy. If you go to JoAnn or Hobby Lobby stores you might be able to find packaged hair, it works well enough. With doll hair you get what you pay for. You also improve your skills with practice.

And no, I don't do commissions on anything.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Blackhk » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:49 am

I need some help with another doll.
DollyKim wrote:Now that I've figured out who the doll is supposed to be it really shouldn't be that hard to find a Licca or at least a head with yellow hair then look up on line how to give her bangs. It will be cheaper to got to Ebay and get a head from China. That's what I would do.

I reroot with the needle and thread method shown at DollyHair.com, they also have the formula for how much hair you should have. I also get good hair from places on Etsy. If you go to JoAnn or Hobby Lobby stores you might be able to find packaged hair, it works well enough. With doll hair you get what you pay for. You also improve your skills with practice.

Blackhk
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:36 am

Blackhk wrote:I need some help with another doll.
DollyKim wrote:Now that I've figured out who the doll is supposed to be it really shouldn't be that hard to find a Licca or at least a head with yellow hair then look up on line how to give her bangs. It will be cheaper to got to Ebay and get a head from China. That's what I would do.

Honey, we are not mind readers. You have to tell us what kind of doll it is, and what the problem is before we can help you.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'