Go to footer

The Dollieh Waiting Room

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: The Dollieh Waiting Room

Postby Qrinta » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:03 pm

My Aunt's Rin from Fabric Friends and Dolls arrived as well as her Cherry Blossom Edition Rot from Aileen Dolls. Both are super cute. ^_^ Rin came with one arm/wing disassembled and I pulled a bit too hard while trying to string the elastic through and it came off the hook. >_< Have to figure out how to reattach it as it wasn't knotted, looks like it was shoved on to the hook and then burned a bit?
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby kraftykitt » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:35 pm

So cool, do you have pictures?
I'm still just waiting for my baby and it's driving me crazy
kraftykitt
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Qrinta » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:50 pm

Just posted them in the tinies section. ^_^ I kind of wish I was keeping them but these two are my Aunt's once I get them put together.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Tasuke » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:27 am

new OBITSU for my Saber-chan, thanks to fellow member Aurea Arelegh,
and a highly detailed 1/6 Violin found at a music shop i tagged along
with a friend to, the other day, for around $10.00...

Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kraftykitt » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:40 am

I need to work on my obitsu babies again. and get more in the true 1:6 scale dolls and things after i get my current order
kraftykitt
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Nimarkiva » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:07 am

I have about 8 and a half hours to go until I'm holding my Hujoo Arthur in my hands, and the suspense is keeping me from sleeping. XD

His horns are baked, painted, and sealed, his clothes are ready and waiting for him, his tattoo designs are ready, I know how I want to do his faceup, his wig is ready, I'm nearly done sewing his tail....c'mon, postal person, bring him home! What's worse is knowing that he's just two blocks away at the post office, since I've been tracking him via the USPS site, and I have to wait several hours yet to see him in person.

*siiiiiigh*

I think this is the worst stretch when it comes to waiting.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Postby kraftykitt » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:32 am

Hehe hope you get him soon, I have about another month to wait until my order is here, mid August it should be at alice collections. I still have a lot of crap to do before I am ready for it. Going to work on it this weekend hopefully
kraftykitt
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Nimarkiva » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:00 am

My Hujoo Arthur is here! <3

.......and immediately I'm noticing a few things. XD

I used my boy Nolan as a model to make some clothes, which are all too big. Hans is about the same height, but thinner and with a longer torso, a more mature sculpt. None of the clothing which I fitted to Nolan fits Hans, it's all too big! And the wig size mentioned is too big, it doesn't fit him at all. I thought Nolan's old wig would be great....nope, huge, he's swimming in it. So I tested the eyes....wait, nope, those are huge. How can something with such a small head have such huge eyes? Works for what I want, though.

Since none of his own clothes work, Hans is now in Ely's old pair of pants, which actually look good on him- those may just stay, the ripped out knees look suits the earthy character I'm creating. His vest can be made of black denim, which I have, and won't take too long to make. Next comes the wig....I'll just make him one, I have faux fur that will work just fine. It'll go with his tail.

Tattoos as well, the torso piece is great for the tattoo I had in mind for his chest.

I'm so excited, my Hujoo Arthur is here! <3

So much to do, but it's going to be awesome when he's done.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Postby kraftykitt » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:03 am

Oh I would love to see pictures when he's done
kraftykitt
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Nimarkiva » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:24 am

There will definitely be pictures of him, I am adoring his little freckle-face already. His tail will take some sewing, as will his wig, and I'm waiting on his eyes.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'