Go to footer

The Dollieh Waiting Room

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: The Dollieh Waiting Room

Postby Stormlight » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:28 am

The Kaye Wiggs gray Laryssa I wasn't expecting until at least mid-November is on her way home, an entire month EARLY. This is a first, usually I have to wait LONGER than anticipated for one of these girls! :lol:
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:46 am

Congrats Fireflies!

Wow! Early, Stormlight?! :lol: I'm not sure I've ever had a doll arrive early. Congrats!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Qrinta » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:13 pm

Oooh, post lots of pics fireflies! I love that sculpt.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta

Postby Fireflies » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:34 pm

Dark Angel wrote:Congrats Fireflies!

Thank you.

Qrinta wrote:Oooh, post lots of pics fireflies! I love that sculpt.

I'll try it's been super rainy. So I might I have to grab a couple of extra lamps for my box opening. :lol:

Speaking of which I got a message that the seller will be shipping on Monday. So I most likely get her on Wednesday. The only cruel irony is my days off this week are Monday and Tuesday. At least on Wednesday I work a morning shift. So I get off just a couple of hours after she arrives.
Fireflies
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby oniakki » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:57 pm

Does it count if I'm watching it print? :p It's a Braq dragon in black PLA.

(Woo, low grade phone camera picture through the clear safety door...)

I've got about 26 hours worth printed so far in 3 runs plus the one running. (Current run is about 25% done and has an estimated 5 hours to go.) I only have 9 more runs after this! Total estimated printer time is 80 hours. ;.; Then lots of cleanup and figuring out how to string it.
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:27 am

oniakki- Very cool! I really like those dragons. I can't wait to see yours.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Naisha » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:00 am

Woow! I've never seen a 3D print working, it must be awesome! What kind of material are you using? resin?

At this moment I'm waiting for my 1000toys' Synthetic Human. I had been in love with this one since last year, when I discovered them, and I finally could pre order one in may. They've been working a lot on this figure, improving every detail so it's completely poseable and the quality is the best (for example, they've re-designed their hands and I think some articulations). Right now they're manufacturing them in Japan and they'll be shipped next month. There are a lot of people complaining about the wait, but as some of us say: you can't rush perfection. Sooo here I am, in the waiting room ;)
Here's a photo that 1000toys published on facebook, taken in the factory:

Naisha
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby oniakki » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:07 pm

I'm printing in PLA which is a biodegradable polyester plastic. I kind of wish I had the equipment to do a video recording of at least one of the prints for the dragon.
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Qrinta » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:40 pm

And I have some 11cm obitsu on their way...
And now Q-chan is getting a brother...

I'm not going to look at Junkyspot anymore this weekend.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:48 pm

Iplehouse EID Dexter mach 2~~~~~ :lol:

And now Jack will have his upgrade body(Insert Ghost in the Shell snarks here). With him out of the way, I can go back to focusing on Megu-Chun and the doll shelves. I'm keeping his old shell as backup. Kinda weird waiting for a doll who is already technically here. :lol:

*twiddles thumbs
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'