Go to footer

The Dollieh Waiting Room

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: The Dollieh Waiting Room

Postby AlmySidaKay » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:06 pm

I'm currently throwing myself in with the waiting lot. I've got two new PukiPukis on the way home ... hopefully soon. (She's supposed to be mailing them out today.) Along with this she's including 2 Nendroids and 2 11cm Obitsus. I'm really excited to try Nendroid/Obitsu hybrids for the 11cm ones, and I'm stoked that they can all share clothing. I'm also waiting separately for my new Realfee Haru to ship hopefully in the next day or two. I'm bummed that the girl I'm getting Haru from is missing her wing ears. But I'm sure I will survive.. I hope... just lots of waiting and trying not to pace in the interim.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:00 am

My Rex's wig finally showed up so I can post a few pics of him. But today I got my shipping notice for my Kaye Wiggs Layla Elf! Last of the expensive stuff I've been waiting for. Yay! And...I better sew fast or she'll have to steal some of Pearl's things. Also, all of the boots/pants I ordered for Rex from Alice's Collection has shipped too. Now he needs a better fitting shirt.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:17 am

The 'I Can't Believe He's Not Andy Bell From Erasure' head from Facepool is shipping. I already have a Dragon Neo Adam body that can go up on its toes and wear high heels so it's the sparkling blue chaps from the Tank Swan show I'll need to figure out.

I totally wish those double sided sequins were small enough for a 1/6 doll and I'd use those, aqua blue on one side-rainbow on the other.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Nova » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:27 pm

I just received an email from DolkStation that my Zenith Souldoll, Seo Jeong-U is shipping! I never ordered from a distributor before, but Souldoll didn't have him in white, so I figured I'd give Dolk a try. Hopefully the shipment goes smoothly. I can't wait to receive him. I'm still waiting on a Tiny Delf Peter from Luts, so I think I still have another month's wait on that one, So I'll be popping in here regularly for sure.
Nova
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby SetsunaKou » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:36 pm

Nova wrote:I just received an email from DolkStation that my Zenith Souldoll, Seo Jeong-U is shipping! I never ordered from a distributor before, but Souldoll didn't have him in white, so I figured I'd give Dolk a try. Hopefully the shipment goes smoothly. I can't wait to receive him. I'm still waiting on a Tiny Delf Peter from Luts, so I think I still have another month's wait on that one, So I'll be popping in here regularly for sure.

Yay!!! You must be super excited!!!!! Can't wait to see photos!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:08 am

I have my Winter Splurge in the mail (and my first splurge on dolls since the first run of new body shape Fashionistas), well, most of it. Amazon still lists one box as having an item on backorder, one doll arrived yesterday, and I may have a couple stragglers to still save up for. Though I spent WAY too much already with the intent of trying to clean off my dolly wishlist so I could focus on things I want for the garden for my Spring Splurge (I only do two splurges a year, and spend the rest saving for them.)

Arrived:
Divergent Tris Barbie - the head is just right for making an older FF7 Mikoto after I put that on the Obitsu body that's waiting, which means I don't have to reroot or repaint the purple-haired doll I was going to use for that and can give that one the Tris body...

Waiting On:
Ever After High Apple White - to be turned into Reala from NiGHTS Into Dreams. Cheapest way to buy turned out to be with a Raven Queen and a Monster High doll I don't recognize, which the EO claimed but was at least willing to pay me $5 for.

Ever After High Madeline Hatter - One with a nice grin, to be turned int NiGHTS from NiGHTS Into Dreams. Not sure if I should keep them on the same shelf...

Some made-in-china poseable body that I'm hoping will be a skin-tone match for this bubble-cut AA dollar store doll I've had since I was a kid...

Barbie Sisters Stacie with juice stand - because I didn't have a newer Stacie (ironically, since my name is Stacy), and this one is a good match for my Stephie character, so already has a place waiting in that category

The Barbie Babysitters Inc Boy - because this is the first Skipper-sized boy I've seen since I was a kid, and I have that one too, and he could use a friend. It was enough to get me past my dislike of molded hair for both of them.

A Twilight Saga Jasper - for OOAKing. Did anyone else notice that, if you can retouch the skin color without affecting the rest of the faceup (and I can), and redo the eye color, he looks an awful lot like David Hasslehoff? More than he looks like the character he's supposed to be. XD

Fresh Dolls Jaqueline - because I wanted at least one of these, and she's my favorite out of the first wave, no matter how much the EO keeps calling her "That Bouncy (what she calls Beyonce) Doll"

WWE Superstars Becky L. - Last time I paid attention to wrestling, Andre the Giant and the Junkyard Dog were still around, so all I know is she looks like a darned good match for Pamela Isley/Poison Ivy.

And four fashionistas: Varsity Plaiditude (the pale girl with the blond 'fro, who could be a sister to a doll I already have), the #85 Boho Curvy because she is just too interesting to pass up, Rainbow Sparkle because I like the darker and lighter (aka non-average) skin tones and she has pretty hair and was a $5 add-on item, and the Daisy Love one because of being another interesting combo of features (she looks like a next-generation Weasley via George and Angelina, tho I don't know yet if that's what she'll end up being on my shelves)

Yes, that's a LOT of dolls, but that's also my xmas presents as I don't have anyone I exchange gifts with. (Any actual friends I have live too far away, and the EO considered paying back money I'd loaned her as her xmas gift to me. 9.9) But, hey, I'm getting dollies! 13 of them if I count the cheapo body... good thing I'm not a triskadekophobe.
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:53 am

MY KAYE WIGGS MINI HOPE IS SHIPPING!!!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby werepuppy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:42 pm

Waiting on this little darling to make it to me! (She's a Petworks Usaggie #037.)
werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Qrinta » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:38 pm

I got a bonus at work this year so Smartdoll Justice is on her way from Fabric Friends. <3
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Tasuke » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:16 am

http://shoujodolls.com/index.php/en/cat ... ion-sakura

http://sakurataisen.wikia.com/wiki/Sakura_Shinguji

so, i've got this rather rare honey coming my way. she'll be getting the usual OBITSU BODY upgrade. more to follow when she arrives...

Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'