Go to footer

The Dollieh Waiting Room

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: The Dollieh Waiting Room

Postby quidam » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:38 pm

I guess I'll come in here also. I'll be sitting for awhile, though.
The order is placed for a Dragondoll tiny dragon girl (who will have a magical gender change once she reaches my house!) MoC won't be placing the official order until the end of the month and then...who knows?
Technically he's on layaway, but I'll more than likely pay off the balance once he's in the states.

I'll be spending the next 5-20 weeks planning for his arrival. I've only ever bought in-stock dolls before, so this is a new experience. :)
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby landwhale » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:41 pm

omg.....evelien!!!!! You're so totally bitten by the Obitsu bug lol. I still haven't gotten one yet darn it all.

Er...I guess I'm waiting for Custom House....I don' really expect to get it until two months after I paid so I think sometime in July.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby AlmySidaKay » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:49 pm

This is the photo from the sales thread for my Sparrow. (I'm just going to call her Sparrow until she gets home and tells me otherwise).

A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Evelien » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:51 pm

I love your Sparrow but you already know that <3

@ Landwhale, I know, I'm so bad, I saw this one in the UK which means no customs charges, and I figured I should take my chance even though I technically don't have the money lol... :$

I'll buy a Joshua head for her from the Junkyspot. It'll be my first Junkyspot order yay! I just contacted Emory because the shipping the website automatically adds to an order is ridiculously high, a while ago he told me to contact him if I wanted to order something. I'm sure shipping for such a small head shouldn't be $25... I hope I'm right.
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:11 am

I'm going to pick up my 11cm Obitsu body with Neko head from the post office today (missed the carrier on Saturday). I'm waiting for a Limhwo Dodo and Limho (tan!!!), but they won't arrive for a couple of months. My daughter is waiting on her DollZone Annie from JunkySpot which should be here by next Monday.

And I'm seriously considering a doll on the Marketplace . . . I really shouldn't . . . but . . .
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby AlmySidaKay » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:19 am

Which one are you looking at?

Also the woman I'm buying Sparrow from had some other things for sale (The 2 yellow ones), and was willing to throw them in for cheap! :D

A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby DollyKim » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:08 pm

Just Catwoman and John Lennon's heads need to come in on my end. I wish I didn't have to save for a move because I want the Marshal Stack they have at Parabox for Jimmy, saves me from trying to make it. But if there's a place to find decent 1/6 speaker cabinets, or someone makes them, I'd place a few orders when I have doll money again. And can I want some of my doll things out of the garage where they're packed up?

Why does it feel like this doll search is never over?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:14 pm

Lols all I'm waiting for is a type one Pullip body for my poor Bradley/Pose doll head. *crosses fingers* My friend Andrea did an amazing hybrid and I hope that this body works much better than the kiddish Goat footed body I gave to my Posedoll head...
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Lokiholic » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:34 pm

I guess you could say I'm waiting. I'm waiting for a huge My Scene lot to end on eBay. Another 23 hours. I really, really want them for their clothing and heads. (Although they don't come with shoes, so I might have to bid on the shoe lot from the same person...) I'm hoping the price doesn't go insanely high right before it ends.
Lokiholic
Dolly Pardon

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:54 pm

I'm pretty excited about the Island Doll 65cm body and jointed hands I just bought! It's to replace the 70cm body that my Kiyan doll has now. (He's a DZ Yuu) I LOVE the 70cm DZ body, but he's too tall for our 'seiyuu' gang portrait dolls!!

We have Takahashi Naozumi 5'4" on a 58cm YuHao body; Miyata Kouki 5'5" on a 60cm Fantasy Doll body; Fukuyama Jun 5'7" on an AoD 62cm Type I body; Hino Satoshi 5'7" on an AoD 62cm Type II body; and then Taniyama Kisho (Kiyan) 5'10" on the DZ 70cm body.
However, when standing all together, the 70cm was just way too tall. It made Kiyan look in a different scale or at least 6'2" tall when he ought to be 5'10" tall compared to the rest. The others all look perfectly in scale to each other, except for Kiyan-sama!

So.....after a lot of going back and forth in my mind over the decision (I've had him as the 70cm for over 4 years now and it's tough to change....:cries: ) I found a really good priced Island Doll 65cm body. (Only $321 total with regular & jointed hands & s/h included!) With some kips and probably a little apoxie sculpt on the shoulder area (Kiyan has really nice shoulders/arms in real life, so his bjd needs them, too!) it should be fine. So I'm anticipating that body for him, so he can finally fit in with the rest of our fold.....

Also, I decided to make my sister 2 new 1/3 bjds for her birthday in August---Leiji Myoga & Ryoko Mikage from Corda 3. I hoped for a good deal on their bodies, though, since for our chara dolls, we just display them and rarely ever pose/play with them, so any type of body would be fine. In fact, I prefer 'various' bodies for all our dolls, so that if someone commissions us for an outfit to fit a 'certain' body, we actually have the body to work from. ^^
So I've been looking for a body we don't own yet, and found an AoD 58cm girl for just $145 total with s/h! I bought her and can't wait to work on Mikage! ^^ I preordered the 2 Anime Parabox heads from Emory-san, and that just leaves finding a 70cm ResinSoul NS body for Leiji! (He IS 6'4", so he needs to be a 70cm! But a skinny, anime type body, and RS is the best at that!)

I hope Emory-san gets in a NS Long (Resinsoul) soon, and then I'll be all set for the birthday surprises!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'