Go to footer

The Dollieh Waiting Room

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: The Dollieh Waiting Room

Postby AlmySidaKay » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:37 am

Lexagon wrote:That's such a cute name, Sparrow! Isabella is such a cute sculpt, I almost bought her instead of Bei but I'm a sucker for elf ears :3

Thanks much! I am going to have a lot of MSD that are going to have strange ears so I actually wanted my Yo-SD to have human ears. Finding her exactly as I wanted on the MP was kind of a dream come true. Plus she was one of the first ones I wanted but wasn't admitting it, I just really wanted an SD before I thought about Yo. Plus I was having problems seeing how it was okay to pay the same for a doll that was Barbie's height as it was to pay for one 2 feet tall. (Oddly enough now that I have one I see no problem paying the same price for the Yo-SD as the SD. :p)
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Lexagon » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:42 pm

Ahh that was my moms thinking about buying Bei, I believe she said something about "Just buy a barbie doll and I'll bleach her" I think I just stared at her like :o

I kind of want an SD but I'm skeptic about it. I originally was looking at an MSD... Buuut I figured since she'd be my first doll it'd be wiser to buy a doll that I cloth in barbie dolls clothing or at least find patterns, you know the familiar? (:
I can totally understand the thinking that its silly to buy the Yo. But to me I don't even consider my barbies and BJD's in the same family of dolls x) Maybe I just over think things too much. But Barbies are more the kind of dolls you dress up and then buy all these super exciting extras (barbies plane? 8-) Awesome) for and THEN Barbie was exciting.

BJD's are pure excitment naked, bald and eyeless. They're just... exciting x)

/rant
Lexagon
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:18 pm

To me, the barbie style fashion dolls are "dolls I sell off to afford an obitsu or to butcher up for face up practice"
Yup.
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:
Kirahfaye wrote:GreyHaunt, don't discount the fact that the good ole US Custom's is causing the problem. I've only bought direct from an overseas manufacturer once (without problem), but the one doll I bought from an individual in Spain took a month and a half to arrive because it sat in Customs, unopened and untouched apparently, for 5 weeks. :evil:

Well, according to the tracking it hasn't even left Hong Kong yet -so the problem seems to be there :( But yea, I've had one stuck in customs before and it soooooo sucks ;p

Actually, the tracking on my doll from Spain indicated it was awaiting shipping from the "originating" post office up until the moment it was suddenly delivered to my door . . . Again, I'm hoping that it's different for packages coming from companies.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby famedglory » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:02 pm

I just ordered my Dani (BBBDai) from the company site! I've never had to wait for a doll before so I'll probably be an impatient wreck for the next ~6 weeks. Her wig is also on it's way with a new wig and boots for Taavi(DZChen). And I'll be ordering her an outfit sometime after my next paycheck. I'll be making pretty much all of her clothes once she gets here but want something to put her in until I have the chance.
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby landwhale » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:19 pm

URg...paid for a big bitsu body on Thursday for Cerise...Haven't told her yet. It's a surprise. I'm having a hard enough time waiting for it and having her know would just mean a whole lotta "Is it here yet?"

So it hasn't been sent out yet...Hopefully it will happen Monday.

As for the tan VMF....OMG I wanna see owner pics.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby AlmySidaKay » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:31 pm

Finally got my tracking number for Sparrow, now I pace and haunt my computer and the USPS site. :P
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby K2! » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:27 pm

landwhale wrote:As for the tan VMF....OMG I wanna see owner pics.

Rhiani is the VMF50 Type E in tan.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1367
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:18 pm

landwhale wrote:As for the tan VMF....OMG I wanna see owner pics.

Yep, she'll look just like K2's Rhiani....except with a different head...and no faceup yet.... :) Of course that is if she EVER GETS DELIVERED. sigh.... She was supposed to be delivered to my brother on friday, but so far no confirmation of delivery and the charge hasn't gone through on the credit card yet so maybe it didn't get there? AAARRRGGGGG This is the worst part of having it sent to him :(
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:51 am

We have to dress our dolls up as Chuckies and then go blackmail the delivery people. That should be fun... Or would that scare away possible enabling victims?
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'