Go to footer

The Dollieh Waiting Room

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: The Dollieh Waiting Room

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Awwwww, I like my Barbie dolls. (Though admittedly there was the great Obitsu hostile takeover, until the BJDs came and usurped them, forcing the Obitsus to team up with other 1/6ths and thus form a strong alliance that resulted in them dominating my collecting habits again)...

But yeah, woo! My pullip body got shipped so now my Pose doll can finally get a fun body to be on...
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Trethowan » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:12 pm

I'm waiting for my Granado Boyd. He should be here mid-July. I've never bought from anyone besides Emory before, so I'm nervous. I've read some interesting posts on DoA about the customs folks destroying the doll box, some dolls being chipped, etc. /sigh.

I'm excited though, I already have Van a wig, pair of boots, and some clothes are on their way. Yay!
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Greyhaunt » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:40 pm

Trethowan wrote:I'm waiting for my Granado Boyd. He should be here mid-July. I've never bought from anyone besides Emory before, so I'm nervous. I've read some interesting posts on DoA about the customs folks destroying the doll box, some dolls being chipped, etc. /sigh.

I'm excited though, I already have Van a wig, pair of boots, and some clothes are on their way. Yay!

Don't be too worried. I've bought several dolls direct from the manufacturer and I've never had a single one arrive damaged (knock on wood). The hardest part is waiting for them to make and mail the doll - anticipation is really stressful.

And speaking of which MY TAN VMF 50 ARRIVED AT MY BROTHER'S!!! So she is sitting upstairs in his house in Aomori and he has promised to send her to me some time next week! Not as for sure as buying from Emory - but still WONDERFUL!!!
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Evelien » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:20 am

Omg!

My second 60cm Obitsu was shipped by the previous owner in the UK on Tuesday and she's on her way to me in the Netherlands RIGHT NOW!!!

Holy dolly crap that's fast...
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby AlmySidaKay » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:56 am

Decided I don't like my SD girl, and might be able to get a Mei in a trade for my SD girl's stuff! Best part, she lives like an hour away and I wouldn't have to pay for shipping!
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby landwhale » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:35 am

I won an SD doll on ebay for a good price (MSD price) since it is a weird company....it should be here today but usps seems to have...not updated the info. It was out for delivery yesterday but I didn't get a note or a box and now the site says no updates! This has happened before and I got the package just fine so....cross your fingers!

It's a "Babydoll" SD Shark boy. (doesn't look like a shark just a normal guy). I can't find any info on him but the seller said it wa a Chinese company that didn't last long and only sold on ebay. The sculpt looks good though so I'm excited to see it in real life.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:37 pm

*crosses fingers* Hm, I might have to look that company up. so is "Babydoll" the company name?
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

Postby quidam » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:55 pm

I finally ordered my vacation project doll today!

It's funny, I don't know if it's the same for other people, but I'll go back and forth, basically living in the DoA market place and the US sites that keep stock, debating for days over which one to get. Then I just go "aha!" and suddenly jump at one. Does anyone else do this, or am I just a pathetic freak?

Anyways, my final decision was *drum roll* Bobobie Ariel! Alantril is getting a sister! She's thrilled! At least she would be if she could put down the treats long enough to listen to what I'm telling her.
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Amazing Quidam, I'm getting a Bobobie Ariel this week now too! I did a trade with someone on DoA for my YuHao girl. So what color is your girl going to be?

I actually have 2 dolls coming in this week now... >.>

Sparrow demanded that she have her best friend, just so happens someone had a Bobobie March on the DoA marketplace for a great deal, another Yo-SD girl with all the bells and whistles, I'm starting to like that more then new dolls, then I don't have to get stuff for them. :P
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby quidam » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:24 pm

She's arriving as NS, as that was the only one in stock.. I haven't decided what color she'll turn into later. Perhaps purple?

Congrats on two in one week! How fun to get a "complete package" deal!
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'