Go to footer

The Dollieh Waiting Room

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: The Dollieh Waiting Room

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:56 am

Dark Angel wrote:
Kirahfaye wrote:I had a short wait because Friday my husband let me buy a SmartDoll Starlight and she arrived today! I call that a great birthday! :D

Ooh! Pictures! Pictures!

Sure thing! http://www.dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=12237
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:16 pm

She looks great Kira!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Nimarkiva » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:51 am

Now I'm waiting not only on my Doll Chateau Douglas, who had some hiccups on his way to me and will have to try again due to a postal error, but another as well. (They damaged his shipping box and his original box, but thankfully not him, and he was returned to the sender who I bought him from. She is now sending him out again, this time packaged with rolls of tape and bubble wrap after what she thought was good packaging failed at customs. We think they slashed his box on accident when they were opening up the crushed outer box, since his original box was crunched like the outer box and had a huge slash mark on the front, like from a box cutter gone crazy.)

So, while I'm waiting on him, I'm also waiting on a second-hand 1/3 scale Obitsu girl. Had to get her a new head and wig, the Azone head she has isn't one I like at all. But she'll be amazing when she arrives, and I'll have a 1/3 scale girl to use as a sewing model.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:17 pm

Nimarkiva wrote: (They damaged his shipping box and his original box, but thankfully not him, and he was returned to the sender who I bought him from. She is now sending him out again, this time packaged with rolls of tape and bubble wrap after what she thought was good packaging failed at customs. We think they slashed his box on accident when they were opening up the crushed outer box, since his original box was crunched like the outer box and had a huge slash mark on the front, like from a box cutter gone crazy.)

Yikes! Glad he is OK though. :o
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Nimarkiva » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:12 pm

Yeah, I was horrified when I heard- here I am, tracking him, and all of a sudden he goes back to where he came? I don't know who freaked out worse, me or the person who I bought him from, since she was keeping track of him as well.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Geekmama » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:24 am

After lots of dithering, I ordered the Miro Doll Lili! There's just something about her sculpt that really draws me to her. Made her some undies already, but I need to make more clothes so she's not nekkid when she gets here!
Geekmama
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:08 am

Geekmama wrote:After lots of dithering, I ordered the Miro Doll Lili! There's just something about her sculpt that really draws me to her. Made her some undies already, but I need to make more clothes so she's not nekkid when she gets here!

Congrats! Be prepared for restringing and hot glue sueding. :lol: Mirodoll takes some time before they are capable of posing well. But worth it after all the work.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Tasuke » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:21 am

well, i pre-ordered her and her extra outfit at AmiAmi a couple/three months ago, and she got pushed back to late OCT.

she'll be coming my way in less than two months now, and with luck i just might have one of those new 24cm. OBITSU bodies waiting for her when she arrives...

Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Qrinta » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:00 pm

SmartDoll Moonlight is on her way! *Dances*
And I bought a crystal horn edition ashes from DollKStation...
The yellow one will soon be mine...
I'm not a huge fan of yellow but I just love that grumpy face mixed with such a bright "happy" color. XD
Edit: And the Sakura Crystal Horn Ashes is now ordered for my aunt. XD

Pico Seed has shipped! *Dances*
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Tasuke » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:38 am

she showed up several days ago, and i couldn't help but start a bunch of improvements right off,
borrowing Yuki's old-type OBITSU 24 body, -a perfect match in skin tone!-
new gloves and stockings made from scratch, the originals being sized to fit the original TAKARA Licca body, itself much too short in actuality for Sakura's head, and looking far more proportionate
on a 24cm. OBITSU body.

also, her bonnet, as provided out of the box, WILL NOT FIT snugly to her head, so i reworked it with elastic lace to fit snugly and realistically.

she's pretty much finished now, i might remake the stockings once more, and soon as i can afford it next, both Sakura here and my Yuki Nagato will be getting a new-type 24cm. OBITSU.

also, since Yuki's bra, panties and socks are a fine match to Sakura here, i guess i'll have to make Yuki a new set soon...

Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'