Go to footer

The Dollieh Waiting Room

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: The Dollieh Waiting Room

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:48 am

::Kermit Flail!!!::

I just put down a deposit on my first Volks doll! She's a F01 Four Sisters from the early 2000s (seller got her from Japanese auction in 2010 so she isn't sure). You know how once in a while a doll looks at you from the other side of the computer screen and it's "love", right? Bingo! :mrgreen:

EDIT! - I just paid her off and she will hopefully be coming home later on this week!!!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby quidam » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:32 pm

Not the fancy type of doll most people get excited about waiting on, but my first American Girl is on her way! I have an 18" Gotz that needed a friend. #47 from the Truly Me line should be here Monday. She's the first higher end doll I've purchased in a couple of years.
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:38 am

Jack's new shell is coming home. Someone seems to have a thing for being the Christmas Doll, since this makes it the third time his new shell( previous Big shell and 1/6 shell, pun intended) show up around Christmas. I have no idea when his original plushie form showed up.

Now that Jack's done his Christmas Doll routine, I hope that Megu-Chun would take it into her head to be my birthday doll the second time round. It be awesome if she can hit the actual month instead of the two weeks of Chinese New Year celebration from end January leading up to my birthday in Feb technicality. :lol:

Oh Christmas doll, oh Christmas doll.
Come home safely through my door~~
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Qrinta » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:58 am

I think the only orders I'm waiting on are a few critters from Aileen Doll and the Spider Sheep from Doll Chateau. XD I don't expect any of them until next year though.

Edit:
Add Iplehouse JID Leona to the waiting list. XD
Last edited by Qrinta on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Tasuke » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:11 am

have these on their way for my OBITSU based girls. i took the gamble and tried a couple sample sets a while back, and these TAKARA Jenny Pumps have been proven to be among the relative few 1/6 doll shoes out there that can actually fit the OBITSU foot well, -with socks, stockings or bare feet- and actually look natural and realistic all the while.

seems like my once seemingly never ending quest to find demure, girlishly feminine footwear for my OBITSU Anime ladies, -sets that will actually fit them, and fit them well- is well and finally over;

Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:02 pm

So I've had a bit of a stressful time with my Ringdoll Dracula that I bought second hand from Germany. (I don't blame the seller at all, she was fantastic.)

Apparently, German post is incredibly slow and terrible at keeping your package's tracking updated. My doll was taken to the German DHL office on Nov. 18th. The tracking stopped updating on the 23rd. Then, December 13th is the next time I get an update and it says that it's going to be delivered on that same day. Except that it's in New Mexico. I don't live in New Mexico.

So I call the post office and the woman calls New Mexico's post office and they already know about the package and said that it is very clearly written that it's supposed to go to Michigan, not New Mexico. So the postal worker tells me that they said they would ship him to me and I should have him in the next couple days.

Three days later (today), I still do not have my doll and the shipping still hasn't changed from him being in New Mexico. I call the post office again and ask if there's any changes on her side, she tells me no and is surprised that my doll hasn't turned up yet. She takes my name and phone number and said that she'll email them if she has to. I thank her, tell her I appreciate all that she has done. But I can't help but feel like the New Mexico post office isn't doing enough.

If I had misrouted a package, and the person noticed, I would overnight that sh** to them. I get that it's the holiday season, but... that was their fault, I should have had him already. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong?

It's been pretty heart-wrenching. I'm terrified that he'll arrived damaged after all this drama. :?

(And not to mention my DollShe Hound that still hasn't shipped <bought July 7th> and apparently won't until the end of February. And I'm not the only one waiting forever, some longer than me)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:38 pm

Just ordered a bunch of 1/3 doll bodies and heads from MiroDoll and a secondhand Venitu body to transform into Hans, Kristoff and Eugene from Frozen/Tangled. (Well, actually the secondhand Mirodoll 68cm I am looking at, will move to my Konishi Katsuyuki bjd, and his 69cm Crobidoll body will move to my Mamoru Miyano BJD, and HIS 72cm Angelsdoll body will move to Kristoff!) Then, Hans gets the 68cm Venitu and Eugene will get the 65cm Miro. :lol: Whew!

I also ordered a couple girl bodies (Miro's sale was too good to pass up since I was already buying the male bodies) that I'm considering if I'm also going to make Elsa, Anna and Rapunzel.

I *probably* will, to go with their men, but.....right now, I'm going to just focus on the guys and see if they turn out well. If so, then I'll start really planning the girls!

I've been sculpting Hans' head the past few days and I think it's coming out well. I started with an old practice head I had laying around and used Fixit Sculpt to create Hans' features. I hope it's coming out well.... :|

But I know I'm going to be super picky because I just adore Hans' face/profile and if it isn't perfect, I'm not going to be happy with it. I want it to look just like the Disney Store doll head but in 1/3 scale. :)

Wish me luck!!!!
Last edited by SetsunaKou on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:19 pm

I can't wait to see them, SetsunaKou. More specifically, I can't wait to see what you do with them. :D
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby PurpleSkittles » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:40 pm

I placed an order for a Mirodoll Orlando last night; now I just gotta order the clothes, wig, and eyes.
PurpleSkittles
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby SetsunaKou » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:01 pm

PurpleSkittles wrote:I placed an order for a Mirodoll Orlando last night; now I just gotta order the clothes, wig, and eyes.

Congratulations, PurpleSkittles-san! I'm so happy for you! A first BJD is something very special you'll always remember and treasure!!! :)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'