Go to footer

5stardolls

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

5stardolls

Postby animeangel09189 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:43 pm

I haven't asked a question in about a month I think so heres a new one for you long story short watched a vid where a girl said she got her first BJD from here http://www.5stardoll.com/ has anyone heard about them? does anyone have any info on them are they good?
Also what hight is mini? the tiny looked to be around....23cm give or take just by eyeing her in the owners hands
And is it just me or does the jointing system look like doll zones? http://www.flickr.com/photos/48954761@N05/5988841665/ or is this a branch of dollzone or something (though that doesn't make much sense) and like that I'm kind of making a dolly army in my head you see plus looking around never hurt anyone
I'd be hastened getting my first doll from a company I never really heard of however
animeangel09189

Re: 5stardolls

Postby Lexagon » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:46 pm

I think there are a couple of people on the forums with 5stardoll's, I know there is one in the tiny thread and she is a cutie!

From what I hear they are good dolls, check out the 5stardoll thread in DoA if you want more information, I don't lurk on them so I don't know a lot, but it'd be worth a shot, you don't have to be a member either.

Just pick the size you're interested in and scroll until you find the forum (:
Lexagon
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby landwhale » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:02 pm

Although both companies are from China, the facial sculpts are very different. Many BJD bodies have simliar joint systems since they are all BJDs.

The minis are the same as most MSDs at about 43-44cm. Without the heads the bodies are 39cm.

The Tinies are 28cm.

I've seen one in person and the bodies are quite nice. I would definitely purchase one in the future.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby BlackDragoon » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Oh, I have a body from them! At first I was a little hesitant because they are a new company but I really needed a body for the hybrid I wanted to make and didn't want to spend close to $200 for a tiny body alone! I was going to get 5star's older body and then the new one popped up and at such a cheap price I couldn't resist. It took about a month to get here and they included cute little paw hands. The resin is a little more glossy and slick than I was used to but MSC fixes that right up and the body works great with Soom parts. I really like the improvements they're making with their body sculpts and I may have to snag a msd girl body from them soon.
I have a dolly blog!
My Plastic Friends
BlackDragoon
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Bastion » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:22 pm

5 star doll Aiden is on my wish list right now. if not for the fact that older gentleman got into the layaway line before him, i'd be paying for him as we speak. xD

I got to play with both a 5 star doll aiden in WS and 5SD Tong tong in tan. Such cute little dolls! They're resin is definitely a little slick, but they're very good quality and some awesome posers.
Bastion
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:35 pm

Actually 5Star isn't too new - it's just that I think they went on a hiatus and then relaunched. Cirquemom has one of their large girls - I think from their original run. Don't have one myself, but they get mentioned a lot over in DoA and seem to be a well enough liked lower priced company :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Dollies and Dragons » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:09 am

Would anybody that has one of these dolls be able to post up some information on how to change their hands? Paladinari went to pull on her Tong Tong's hands last night to change it and it just ended up hanging loose! There used to be a tutorial on the 5SD website, but that doesn't seem to be working. :(
Dollies and Dragons
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'