Go to footer

The derpy/creepy dollieh thread

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: The derpy/creepy dollieh thread

Postby famedglory » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:47 am

mentalshoc wrote:What do you think?
Creepy? Beautiful? Both?

I think she's both. I'd love to see one of these artist's dolls in person although they're not quite my brand of creepy so I probably wouldn't own one. It's a shame Red is already sold. She'd be perfect for my fiance's mother. And now I'm thinking about cloth dolls and the material I have in my work room. ><;
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:32 pm

>_>

I nipped off a bendy skeleton's head and popped Marika on there. I still haven't ordered her body yet, so she's going to be Skeleton Marika for a while >_<
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:29 pm

I really like all of these dolls, even if they are creepy, they have a certain charm. That's not to say I'd want to sleep in the same house as them! Lol.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby kmadame » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Obitsu's Gretal head scares me sometimes lol...diffrent faceups diffent reactions. I really like that split head with the teeth! so cool and scary I have a friend who would want her.
Dikadoll lingri AI bobobie elfkin Skylar obitsu 21 Alana obitsu 25 Kagura
kmadame
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:57 pm

My daughter bought a Living Dead doll at Dragon*Con - she's creepy and pretty at the same time. While it's not a bjd, we were wondering if anyone knows of any bjd bodies in the 27-32cm size that might go with a Living Dead doll?
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:01 am

http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=26544#more-26544
This thing is super neat and super creepy. :I
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby famedglory » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:54 am

Gift_in_Edge wrote:http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=26544#more-26544

I think it's the cutesy poses they put it in that makes is sooo creepy. Neat but I don't think I can handle movable eyelids.
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Trethowan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:11 am

Oh wow!! That thing is awesome. It's so skeletal, but I imagine the additional posing would be wonderful for artists working out their anatomy and such.
Trethowan

Postby K2! » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:07 pm

Ah, yes. It's back. We thoroughly discussed the SFBT-1 on the old 13Doll forum (DS's predecessor) when it was first announced in late 2009. The first version was resin and had to be assembled like a garage kit. It was 1/6 scale and was going to retail for about $250 if I recall. It looks like they upped the ante, moving to the more durable ABS. Interesting that it is listed as "non scale". Perhaps this is so you don't shy away from it's 25000yen price tag? The skeletal/muscular systems aren't very anatomically correct so it would have limited value as an artist's model.

There was a lot of hoopla about the pictures of it posing and comments were made regarding its "superior" posing abilities. The MADh girls took it as sort of a challenge and ended up posting this reply:
http://www.madhvinyl.com/special/005.html
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Swan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:33 pm

I remember that thread! Yeah... the ONLY thing that creepy thing had going for it was the poseable fingers, toes and closeable eyelids! Meh!

BTW I'm WEARIN' my MADh T-Shirt today... it's the first style with Hyatt's silhouette in the h position. LOVE IT!!!

I'm a total happy camper!!

Swan
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
Swan
I snort dolliehs liek candi

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'