Go to footer

The derpy/creepy dollieh thread

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: The derpy/creepy dollieh thread

Postby magkelly » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:12 am

I love old Barbies. I rescue them from Goodwill all the time and it totally thrills me to find a really old Barbie with chewed fingers and no hair actually, though I'm not fond of green spots. I'm working on a 70's Barbie with the ballerina face as I type actually. I got her with a bad body and no hair. She's got a body waiting on her re-root. I also rescued a Color Magic Ruby Barbie head a while back. That was a major find. She had a few plugs in front missing, but her paint was really nice and I had an old CM wig that matched. I just used that to root the plugs. She's on a Fashion Queen repro body till I can find her a real vintage click knee body to restore her to. At that point I'll probably sell her as she'd be a $500 Barbie. They go for a lot those CM Barbies. I like having her though. She's the oldest Barbie in my bunch...1966, for real. It's hard to find a click knee CM type body though. I could put her on a straight leg one but she'd be worth less.
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby MrKaffiend » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Um.... wat??? I have never seen the Leeke "Art" dolls before. @_@

I mean... I get it. The strange body shape is for the effect it gives, but... woah. Looks weeeeeird without clothes on.
The Gang @ Home:
Chorus -- Luts MiniFee Chiwoo; Narcissus -- Luts MiniFee Chiwoo Sleeping head; Elby -- Unoa L-bi; Enn -- Blue Fairy BW Tommy on Blossom body

Selling:
Blue Fairy beauty white Blossom MSD body
http://dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5917
WANT!!
IslandDoll small bust MSD body, Island tone
MrKaffiend
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Nunubit » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:06 pm

There was actually a lot of drama about the Leeke Art Body, because of how distinctive it is. Which led to it being kinda really obviously a copy, only bigger of the Dust of Dolls Pun. And it kinda somehow looks less odd on the Pun, because of Pun looking less human.
Nunubit

Postby MrKaffiend » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:47 pm

I was away for the doll community for a few years, so I completely missed that drama. xD I hope I'm not reopening old wounds!
The Gang @ Home:
Chorus -- Luts MiniFee Chiwoo; Narcissus -- Luts MiniFee Chiwoo Sleeping head; Elby -- Unoa L-bi; Enn -- Blue Fairy BW Tommy on Blossom body

Selling:
WANT!!
MrKaffiend

Postby AlmySidaKay » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:47 pm

I connect with my dolls and I just don't connect with someone who's butt is 3x the size of their shoulders. But there are many fans of her out there so at least she'll get some love.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Jobee » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:40 pm

DERP!

Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby MrKaffiend » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:55 am

This doll gave me straight up CHILLS, man. O_O The other pictures on his page are... wowwww. http://ringdoll.com/product/RingSpecial/normandarkside.html
The Gang @ Home:

Selling:
WANT!!
MrKaffiend

Postby K2! » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:37 am

That's what this hobby needs: more dolls that glorify violence, gore, and child abuse.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Evelien » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:50 am

Hey, they can't all be pink fluffy nekomimis ;) I suppose...
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby K2! » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:36 am

Who are you calling "fluffy"?

K2!
Stoopid Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'