Go to footer

Dollieh Sanctuary BJD Heretics Manifesto

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh Sanctuary BJD Heretics Manifesto

Postby embyquinn » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:39 am

victoriavictrix wrote:Well I am old and cranky and if it was MY Tumblr account I'd block the asshats, delete their posts, and post on it that "This is MY definition of a BJD and if you don't like it, shut your pie hole and walk away because it won't get any better here for you."

I'm only on Denizens of Asshattery for the Crafting, Sewing and Patterns threads anyway. Which takes me about 5 minutes to peruse. I'm kind of apalled at the number of people who apparently spend hours there.

Oh, trust me, Misty, these masters of self-delusion haven't posted on my Tumblr at all. They were rebutting posts I made on true-bjd-confessions (which is a mud wallow, I'll admit, but it's definitely a guilty pleasure). They kept at it long after I apologized for losing my temper (which I did in my first comment), explained my viewpoint as clearly as I could, agreed to disagree with them and stopped responding to the conscientious objectors. It's finally starting to die down.

I'm still stating my views in my own Tumblr (well, mine and Cherry's, she's got her own and she's not happy with me that I was using hers to comment on TBC, which I'm no longer doing), and if they come after me on my own Tumblr I'll block them so fast the concussion wave will flatten them.

I didn't even comment when a confessor posted she was finally getting a "real" BJD after owning a Hujoo Phoebe. Phoebe is the little mouse doll, made of ABS, with ball joints, and strung with elastic.

*head asplody again*
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:14 am

What they post says more about them than you or Cherry.

If it wasn't specifically a doll forum could it be mistaken for any sort of Fan Dumb of any gender/orientation? If you replaced the person/personality or thing being mentioned with "Dear Leader" could they be mistaken for North Korea?

I'll give them the narrow definitions for their forum because it's their forum. But if they want to play on the whole playground instead of the fenced off part for the preschoolers they got to recognize that there's no difference between a basket ball, big red one, volley ball, or one of those little tiny ones when the other kids aim it at your head.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby embyquinn » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:31 am

The confession blog isn't "their" forum. It's run by one anonymous person who rarely posts about anything and there are no criteria posted about what is or is not a BJD n that forum. This is just a bunch of people who grew up in the hobby and think the biggest forum is the ultate authority on what a BJD is. To them, if it's not strung and made of resin, it's not a BJD.

I'd like to point here that nowhere on that forum or in its wiki is it actually stated that the off-topic dolls are not BJDs. Nowhere is that judgement made. It's the conditioned fanthings who are making that call. I don't blame DoA, really. I still don't agree with their rules, but I will follow them on their forum. But that does not mean that any doll not allowed there is not a BJD.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Tam I am » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:09 pm

embyquinn wrote:Totally in agreement here. The simple truth is that they've had to change their criteria over the years. Any other old schoolers remember when they wouldn't allow and throw dolls?

I can remember when I could talk about my 27cm Obitsu there.

I also remember when you made KiSS dolls, and still have some in my collection.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'