Go to footer

Dollieh Sanctuary BJD Heretics Manifesto

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh Sanctuary BJD Heretics Manifesto

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:31 am

Dang-straight! My dolls and I were pleased to read this.

Socks FTW. (I used one tube sock and made two frocks with it. One for my friends 21 cm girl and one for Haruka.) I need to find a brown one for Holly's dress too...

Thesis 1 is so true. Any doll as long as it's connected by ball-joints is infact a BJD. Love that. both of my BJD's are considered Off Topic on DoA but I don't give a crap about it. Long as this forum's around who cares about snobs on DoA? There are nice people there (one of my BJD friends on dA/Youtube is on there.) But that's not enough to condone their snobbyness.

Blessed Be Greyhaunt!
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby K2! » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:40 am

I have often thought for truth in advertising DoA should not be saying BJD, but instead be saying "DOAAASFBJDs", or Den of Angels' "Asian Aesthetic" specifications for Ball Joint Dolls, or more simply DWL (Dolls We Like). Trying to classify a doll with ball joints as not being a ball joint doll because it doesn't meet one of a vague number of unrelated criteria is like saying the Chevrolet Corvette isn't a sports car because it doesn't have a twelve cylinder engine, doesn't have a prancing pony on the hood, and isn't assembled in central Europe (Mlatch will get that one).
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby AlmySidaKay » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:07 am

Zomg I want a car with a prancing pony!
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby roguewolf128 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:57 pm

AlmySidaKay wrote:Zomg I want a car with a prancing pony!

lol, me too!!
Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?
roguewolf128
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Geektopian » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:39 pm

Wait, there are still Philistines who consider the Corvette a "sports car"?

(Yes, that was a joke.)
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby K2! » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:45 am

Mlatch221 wrote:Wait, there are still Philistines who consider the Corvette a "sports car"?

There are still Philistines?
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Misheru » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:36 am

K2! wrote:I have often thought for truth in advertising DoA should not be saying BJD, but instead be saying "DOAAASFBJDs", or Den of Angels' "Asian Aesthetic" specifications for Ball Joint Dolls, or more simply DWL (Dolls We Like). Trying to classify a doll with ball joints as not being a ball joint doll because it doesn't meet one of a vague number of unrelated criteria is like saying the Chevrolet Corvette isn't a sports car because it doesn't have a twelve cylinder engine, doesn't have a prancing pony on the hood, and isn't assembled in central Europe (Mlatch will get that one).

Being a gearhead..I think I heart you even more now. :lol:
=^,...,^= MISHERU >^.^<
~ The *M* share of the H&M House of Vinyl ~
Misheru
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby silverbeam » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:17 am

It's a fun and well thought out list. :D
silverbeam

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Sun May 29, 2011 11:22 am

Yay :) The one thing that always bugged me about the resin vs plastic issue is, resin is plastic. And I love the ball joint part! just because they aren't strung doesn't mean then can't have ball joints, YEAH! XD
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:20 am

Amen to that!

Long Live The Manifesto!
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index