Go to footer

Dollieh Sanctuary BJD Heretics Manifesto

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh Sanctuary BJD Heretics Manifesto

Postby mica » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:46 am

Relaxes on the DS comfy chair and pours myself a warm cuppa...
*sigh* ...... :)
so warm and inviting here....
Kerryth- Delilah Noir Dark and Defiant
Anakin- Goodreau Schemer
Robin- Impdoll Bobo
Willow- Hujoo Suve........Bran- Hujoo Suve
Atrus- Domuya Venturo......Miriana- Delf EL
Riven- Dollzone Yuu
mica
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby embyquinn » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:12 pm

mica wrote:Relaxes on the DS comfy chair and pours myself a warm cuppa...
*sigh* ...... :)
so warm and inviting here....

Which is why I love DS so very very much. Cookies? (::) (::) (::)
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Calivano » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:24 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:I dunno, they make those male dolls with the detachable boy bits and the multi-directional boy bits.....

Have you seen this guys video upon opening up his Ringdoll Sol? He is so happy to have gotten his 'beautiful doll. Its funny as heck watching him freak out over his new dolls peep. In one part, he gives his doll a hug and then freaks out when he feels it. Is a "unmasculin" when a guy gets a doll like that? Anyway, its an amusing video. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr_Mr6aAk0M
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and... ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles..."

-11th Doctor
Calivano
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Faydreams » Wed May 08, 2013 6:59 am

Thesis 7: The sock shall be recognized as a vital and viable source of clothing for any size BJD.

Thesis 12: The lack of genitalia, or sizing of said genitalia shall be no reason for another brand of doll to be touted as superior. Discussions of genitalia are encouraged and realism is expected to a certain extent before ridicule begins (eg.. if you make a human doll with a baboon butt and balloon boobies.. we will point and laugh and say silly things). Removable genitalia, shall of course, result in minds being boggled.

Thesis 14: Dolls of a fantasy nature whether it be floral, cyber, or some as-yet undetermined category shall, in so far as they meet the criteria of Thesis 1, be herein considered accepted BJD. Doll designed to resemble vegetables, should such ever be made, will be frightening in the extreme, yet still allowed.

Thesis #7 makes me wonder if a sock that they wear or one that we cut up into clothes for them. Either way, still a valuable source of clothing.

#12 made me laugh.

# 14 I pictured and had an instant Veggie Tale moment. Since Veggie Tales always sort of freaked me out I had an instant shutter at the thought of a Ball Jointed Veggie doll.

Very informative and good to know.
The pen is mightier than the sword.... Unless this is a sword fight.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed May 08, 2013 8:15 pm

LOL, generally speaking #7 refers to using socks as "fabric" to make clothing for dolls - but if they wear socks that counts too.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Glomgrey » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:52 pm

Hehehe Thesis 12 and it's discussion in most of this thread has reminded me of a song... (Warning: NSFW! ...Unless your co-workers/boss think detachable penises* are funny too...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYwiwbgMusY

*peni? what is the proper plural for penis anyways?
I'm not an artist, I just make stuff...
(and blog about it at http://unplas.tk)
Glomgrey
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Jany » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:19 pm

The one question is - do they know about some dolls' magnetic parts? I couldn't help imagining a Spiritdoll dude "singing" that song instead of that guy o.O
There's a cat in "complicated" =^.^=
Jany
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Greyhaunt » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:27 am

Jany wrote:The one question is - do they know about some dolls' magnetic parts? I couldn't help imagining a Spiritdoll dude "singing" that song instead of that guy o.O

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that the song predates most of the dolls with magnetic "parts". But I know I've often thought of it when I see another "multi-part" male doll being released LOL
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby MelodyT » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:01 am

Kittywolf13 wrote:this thread needs a facebook "like" button. :)

I agree!!!! :D
Many say that adults shouldn't play with dolls... then let me be a child at heart forever more!
MelodyT

Postby MelodyT » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:21 am

I had a good laugh reading the manifesto and the subsequent comments. I'm a great Star Trek fan and one of the things that attracted me to DS is the slogan, 'where no dollieh is left behind'. It's got such a Trekkie feel to it. :)
On a more 'serious' note: I want to say thank you for this forum. My husband, bless his heart, is not interested in my dolls and their stories ONE LITTLE BIT. But I need to be able to share these things. My best friend and I are both dollieh mad, but she lives 7 to 7 1/2 hrs away. We get to see each other once or twice a year now. Yes we speak often, but it's nice to find that there are other like-minded souls who are as cuckoo as us, adults playing with dolls and telling stories as though they were alive. :) But it's FUN! And I'm very grateful for this outlet. :D So thank you that indeed, 'no dollieh is left behind' :mrgreen:
Many say that adults shouldn't play with dolls... then let me be a child at heart forever more!
MelodyT

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'