Go to footer

Dollieh Sanctuary BJD Heretics Manifesto

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Dollieh Sanctuary BJD Heretics Manifesto

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Some of you may recognize this from 13doll. It is the Manifesto which clarifies our position on what constitutes a Ball-Jointed doll. This does not in any way imply the exclusion of ANY other type of doll from this forum, it merely clarifies our position on BJD and ABJD.

Thesis 1: If, in the construction of the body mechanism of a doll, some form of a "ball" is used to enable the motion/poseability of the "joint", said doll shall be recognized as "Ball Jointed" or BJD.

Thesis 2: Product used to manufacture the BJD, whether resin, plastic, vinyl, sculpy or hardened animal feces shall in no way alter the status of any doll as being a BJD should they qualify as such under Thesis 1.

Thesis 3: The nation of origin of a doll shall have no bearing upon its admissibility into the hobby of BJD regardless of membership's personal opinions regarding the pay scale and manufacturing conditions of such nation.

Thesis 4: A doll's level of "intactness" shall not restrict it from being considered acceptable to the BJD hobby. Intactness levels, for the purpose of this thesis, referring to the amount of the doll's original parts in relation to parts manufactured privately or purchased from another source.

Thesis 5: Hybrids, even those utilizing parts purchased from so-called "cheap" or "inferior" brands are acceptable. Yea, even unto those who may include parts from Barbie, Bratz or new Hasbro offerings shall be welcome.

Thesis 6: The cost of a doll, whether so low as double-digits or so high as quadruple, shall have no impact upon it's status as acceptable BJD. Members will not question the sanity of any nor denigrate their tastes based upon the prices they are willing to pay.

Thesis 7: The sock shall be recognized as a vital and viable source of clothing for any size BJD.

Thesis 8: Photographs of dolls whether taken by amateurs, professionals or the middling skilled shall all be accepted as valid in the eyes of the members, who shall, if they feel they must comment negatively, do so with tact and understanding or risk getting their butts flamed into oblivion for rudeness.

Thesis 9: Dolls of a male persuasion are here permitted to follow heterosexual preferences, as are dolls of a female persuasion.

Thesis 10: Dolls may have names pronounceable by all and taken from any non-Asian as well as Asian language.

Thesis 11: Just because the word Caucasian contains in it the word Asian does not thereby bestow the right to define the term "Asian Aesthetic" to a member of that ethnicity. It shall be noted that such right shall also not be bestowed upon members of any other ethnicity that is not actually Asian either, but I couldn't have made that bad joke if I'd chosen a different one for the main thesis.

Thesis 12: The lack of genitalia, or sizing of said genitalia shall be no reason for another brand of doll to be touted as superior. Discussions of genitalia are encouraged and realism is expected to a certain extent before ridicule begins (eg.. if you make a human doll with a baboon butt and balloon boobies.. we will point and laugh and say silly things). Removable genitalia, shall of course, result in minds being boggled.

Thesis 13: Dolls that are made to resemble animals (of a real or imaginary nature) regardless of the nationality of manufacture, company of manufacture, or reconizeability of animal it is intended to represent, shall be considered herein as accepted BJD, in so far as they meet the criteria of Thesis 1. Should species of animal not be obvious speculation of the intended critter will be intense and encouraged even up to and including the concept of the blind hairless mole BJD.

Thesis 14: Dolls of a fantasy nature whether it be floral, cyber, or some as-yet undetermined category shall, in so far as they meet the criteria of Thesis 1, be herein considered accepted BJD. Doll designed to resemble vegetables, should such ever be made, will be frightening in the extreme, yet still allowed.

Thesis 15: A doll which was "recast", "copied" or otherwise inappropriately derived from an existing doll of a known major manufacturer shall not be excluded or be considered non-bjd. It is herein recognized that such doll is not responsible for it's unfortunate creation and unless it can be proven or shown that the owner of such doll was involved in the creation, selling or distributing of said inappropriately derived doll they too shall be held harmless and not punished for the unfortunate creation. However, it should be noted that this shall not be construed to be an endorsement or condoning of practices such as recasting, copying or bootlegging existent dolls and those who are in the business of doing so shall be reported to the mods at DoA who are much better at taking down unscrupulous doll people than we more peaceable people at the Sanctuary are. It shall also be noted that the allowal of the aforementioned inappropriately derived dolls to be shown in the forum also does not constitute an endorsement or encouraging of an individual consciously purchasing such a doll - it is always better for the individual as well as the hobby to remain true to the original manufacturer. Note: I was hesitant to add this, which is a more serious thesis dealing with a potentially controversial topic, however after someone brought this up at Jspot I gave it a lot of thought and decided that so long as they didn't make the doll and probably didn't really realize what they bought there is no reason why a person or their doll should be punished for someone else's consciously illegal act.

This Manifesto and the Thesis contained herein is not a binding document as it's entire purpose is the promotion of freedom to follow the BJD of individual choice. Other heretics are encouraged to contribute further thesis to this document.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Re: Dollieh Sanctuary Heretics Manifesto

Postby delbelcoure » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:02 pm

Wonderful :) My dolls are especially thankful for
Thesis 9: Dolls of a male persuasion are here permitted to follow heterosexual preferences, as are dolls of a female persuasion.

Thesis 10: Dolls may have names pronounceable by all and taken from any non-asian as well as asian language.
Susan :lol:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:21 am

hehehe, those are two of my favorites too!
Greyhaunt

Postby leopardessmoon » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:09 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:Thesis 2: Product used to manufacture the BJD, whether resin, plastic, vinyl, sculpy or hardened animal feces shall in no way alter the status of any doll as being a BJD should they qualify as such under Thesis 1.

my fave! now I have to clean the coffee off of my screen :shock: :lol: :ugeek:
leopardessmoon

Postby K2! » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:48 pm

leopardessmoon wrote:Thesis 2: Product used to manufacture the BJD, whether resin, plastic, vinyl, sculpy or hardened animal feces shall in no way alter the status of any doll as being a BJD should they qualify as such under Thesis 1.

You should see the Mythbusters segment on polishing a turd.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:01 pm

K2! wrote:
leopardessmoon wrote:Thesis 2: Product used to manufacture the BJD, whether resin, plastic, vinyl, sculpy or hardened animal feces shall in no way alter the status of any doll as being a BJD should they qualify as such under Thesis 1.

I thought of that one, but I couldn't remember what the purpose was! LOL
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby leopardessmoon » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:31 pm

K2! wrote:

I WILL....just as soon as you post it!

*hint hint*
leopardessmoon

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:04 am

K2! wrote:

Either that episode had just run before I wrote this....or my cat hid a deposit and I'd just found it...
Greyhaunt

Postby skookum hime » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:36 am

I totally agree! :D Regardless of company, make, model, price or material. If a doll is ball jointed, than its ball jointed :D
skookum hime
Dolly Pardon

Postby Valli » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:03 pm

Brilliant! I especially like #7 regarding socks for clothing. And #13 regarding animals, vegetables and other fantastical creations.
Valli
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'