Go to footer

Dollieh Sanctuary BJD Heretics Manifesto

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh Sanctuary BJD Heretics Manifesto

Postby Chrystal » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:07 am

I had a good laugh reading this. Melly thanks for reminding me of this manifesto.
Chrystal
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby MelodyT » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:17 am

You are welcome! :)
Many say that adults shouldn't play with dolls... then let me be a child at heart forever more!
MelodyT
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Rajendora » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:18 pm

Thesis 7: The sock shall be recognized as a vital and viable source of clothing for any size BJD.

I'm going to like it here. I've seen some seriously fashionable sock re-designs.
I realized one day, my dolls own me. O_O
Sewing Box Designs BJD Clothing
Rajendora
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby embyquinn » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:51 am

MelodyT wrote:I had a good laugh reading the manifesto and the subsequent comments. I'm a great Star Trek fan and one of the things that attracted me to DS is the slogan, 'where no dollieh is left behind'. It's got such a Trekkie feel to it. :)
On a more 'serious' note: I want to say thank you for this forum. My husband, bless his heart, is not interested in my dolls and their stories ONE LITTLE BIT. But I need to be able to share these things. My best friend and I are both dollieh mad, but she lives 7 to 7 1/2 hrs away. We get to see each other once or twice a year now. Yes we speak often, but it's nice to find that there are other like-minded souls who are as cuckoo as us, adults playing with dolls and telling stories as though they were alive. :) But it's FUN! And I'm very grateful for this outlet. :D So thank you that indeed, 'no dollieh is left behind' :mrgreen:

Nor is any dollieh caretaker. Welcome to cloudcuckooland with the rest of us happy inhabitants!
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby VirgoVertigo » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:42 pm

i just read this manifesto, and i feel so lucky to be in a group with such wonderful, kind, accepting people. even though they do not have ball joints, my thirdhand, beat up Pullip is allowed here and i've even gotten a lot of help with fixing her up. and my Mini Dal -- i think the people at DoA would have flipped their lids! i feel so welcomed here, and i don't feel as afraid of the community and of owning BJDs as i was before. its been said, but really, the slogan rings truer than true! no dollieh is ever left behind!
More Waifu Will Ruin Your Laifu

MLP Arena: PuddingPie
Instagram: @virgo_vertigo (check out my store, @vergo_vertigo_shop !)
VirgoVertigo

Postby Alchemist's Fire » Thu May 15, 2014 10:55 pm

Very much appreciative of #7 about socks <3.
Dolly socks sweaters are awesome
doll+chain Clothing, jewellery & accessories for BJD
Find us on:Etsy, Storenvy, Facebook, Twitter, Google+
Alchemist's Fire
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Aurea Arleigh » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:45 pm

A safe home for every doll is kind of nice. I get tired of snobbies in all my hobbies. This sounds like it will be a nice home for a werebunny deity :D
My doll family:
Aurea Arleigh (my O.C. deity werebunny) Hujoo 12cm bunny!!!!

Kasumi Yashiro (1/6 Chara Dollfie)

Monster High: Custom Catrine Demew, Custom Kitty Cheshire, Custom Catty Noir, Custom MH Warcraft Draenei and Custom MH warcraft Night elf female.(all customs done by myself)
Aurea Arleigh

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:41 am

Years later this is still my favorite part of the manifesto:

Thesis 12: The lack of genitalia, or sizing of said genitalia shall be no reason for another brand of doll to be touted as superior. Discussions of genitalia are encouraged and realism is expected to a certain extent before ridicule begins (eg.. if you make a human doll with a baboon butt and balloon boobies.. we will point and laugh and say silly things). Removable genitalia, shall of course, result in minds being boggled.

...Well just reminds me of a thread on here, where majority of us were more curious about a pair of disembodied boobs instead of something else in the thread. :lol:
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Geekmama » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:43 pm

This is fabulous! I was really intimidated checking out another site with lots of rules. I'm glad I can ask about anything here! :D I knew that most BJDs were anatomically correct, but I didn't know they had swappable parts. O_O Are they in *ahem* different states of excitement or something? :shock:
Geekmama
i see dead dolliehs

Postby K2! » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:14 am

Geekmama wrote:This is fabulous! I was really intimidated checking out another site with lots of rules. I'm glad I can ask about anything here! :D I knew that most BJDs were anatomically correct, but I didn't know they had swappable parts. O_O Are they in *ahem* different states of excitement or something? :shock:

The one most discussed (might be a Dragon Doll, but I'm not sure) had the "different states of excitement". The other I'm aware of was an aftermarket option that came in three sizes for turning your vinyl girl into a futanari.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'