Go to footer

Hats Off to Tiny BJD Collectors - My Tiny Fail Story

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Hats Off to Tiny BJD Collectors - My Tiny Fail Story

Postby tirsden » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:33 pm

My first BJD was actually a 6" tiny (BBB Elfkin) and yeah, I also hand-sew, so now that I have a lot of bigger dolls it's like "gaaaah hugelongseams, make it stoppp!!" :lol: I've got a Little Dal which is very similar dimensions to the one you have, paladinari, but I customed her onto a Kelly body right away and then later onto the 11cm Obitsu body, so Kelly clothes are the way to go for her. They still fit the Obitsu body although skirts look shorter (the Obitsu legs are longer) and there is often a lot of room in the shoulders (Kelly's upper chest/shoulders has more to it).

Practice is what does it, and I've been into miniatures and dolls of all sizes for so long, for me it's so much easier to dress a tiny than a big doll. Some of my big dolls have rather complex outfits, though. XD And yes, practice for sewing for tinies is also good! :3 "Practice makes... more practice" is how I put it. XD
tirsden
i see dead dolliehs

Postby MissIscariot » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Learning to crochet might help with making tiny clothes. No need to worry about seam allowances, and it's a little more elastic.
MissIscariot

Postby hlbmlp » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:53 pm

MissIscariot wrote:Learning to crochet might help with making tiny clothes. No need to worry about seam allowances, and it's a little more elastic.

this i would suggest also, but you will still have the problem of fingers and thumbs getting caught. It will help with no worries for the seams though!
hlbmlp
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:38 pm

I love my tinies but I have to buy clothes for them cause I can't see stuff that small.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby delbelcoure » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:54 pm

A tip for dressing dolls. Cut the corner off of a plastic bag and put this corner over the dolls hand. This makes the hand slide through the sleeve so easily! Just pull the corner off the hand when you're done.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'