Go to footer

Campaign for bald Barbie

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Campaign for bald Barbie

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Sorry to say...Not gonna buy it. They don't need a twenty dollar doll they need a cure.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Wardah » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:59 pm

I don't know why they don't suggest she come with wigs. Don't a lot of people who lose their hair from cancer wear wigs? And the money from it could go to a charity that can give wigs to underprivileged people.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:22 am

Wardah wrote:I don't know why they don't suggest she come with wigs. Don't a lot of people who lose their hair from cancer wear wigs? And the money from it could go to a charity that can give wigs to underprivileged people.

Like Locks for Love. My friend's family donate every year.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Linteia » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:52 pm

I doubt they would ever do this and I wouldn't buy it if they did. If you want to give sick kids someone to look up to, at least make it someone attainable. I don't think a bald-but-otherwise-inhuman aesthetic is what sick kids really need to feel good.
Linteia
the walls have dolliehs

Postby famedglory » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:02 pm

I know there are already entire small companies who only make dolls for sick kids or kids with diabilities. I know there's a company along the lines of American Girl who make dolls with prostetics as well as chemo dolls and I'm pretty sure I've seen some along the lines of fashion/Barbie dolls as well. There's no need for Mattel or other large companies to cover an incredibly small market that actually is already covered. I feel like the people who say they want them don't bother really looking to see what's already available. I also know from reviews that the kids these dolls are targeted at don't really want them. The adults buy them for them thinking they need to connect or identify with their doll when the kid, most of the time, really just wants to forget their situation when playing.
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'