Go to footer

Ever thought of insuring your dolls?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Ever thought of insuring your dolls?

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:17 pm

I ask the question because I'm currently in the process of getting renter's insurance and I'm going to have a special rider put on it specifically for my doll collection. I just have waaaaay too many not to be protecting them.

So, as part of the process, I need to give my insurance agent a list with costs......omg.....

If you don't want to weep in dispair over your own hobby related weaknesses (and like myself, or Cirquemom, you have a crapload of dolls) don't calculate how much they have cost you.

I'm just about at $8000 at this point in estimation....and that doesn't count anything other than my resin BJDs and large Obitsu....no wigs, clothes, shoes, etc.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think I should make "self control over dollieh things" a resolution for this year....
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Re: Ever thought of insuring your dolls?

Postby richila » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:20 pm

"I think I should make "self control over dollieh things" a resolution for this year...."
Self Control? What is this self control you speak of? :lol:
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:49 pm

No, I've never thought about insurance, and I routinely try to add up how much each one cost me in total...

Just to see who was the most expensive. For no reason other than curiosity.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Sixoclock » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Hmmm, I don;t have that many anymore... Not that I ever had close to what you ahve but still, I cherish what I do ahve and it makes me want to look into making sure they are included in our house insurance.. >_> Especially since at least one of them is limited.
Sixoclock
the walls have dolliehs

Postby catshem » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:04 pm

No... this is a thing I should probably do. Meep.
My dolls Family
I make doll wingsOfficial Store here
Commission thread here
Mirrored Fantasies Etsy store
**DS exclusive coupon code for my etsy shop: DS15OFF
I like cats and dolls... I think my life is set. Wife of Rob.
Their story The God of Rampage
catshem
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby famedglory » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm in the process of shopping for personal propery insurance for some other items(engagement ring, some heirloom jewelry, etc) and once I find the right company I'll be adding the dolls to the policy as well.
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:12 pm

I have State Farm for my auto insurance so I'm just adding my renter's onto that policy :) The rate is pretty good - although I'm sure it will go up once the dolls get added *groan*...
Greyhaunt

Postby OkamiKodomo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Yikes.... I don't think my two irl doll friends and myself have that in our combined inventories. o.o And that's including shoes, clothes, wigs, and approximate values of aesthetics work that I've done on them... yanno, valuing them as if we'd paid someone else to do the work, what it would've cost. I think we've got about $4,000 across three of us and a baker's dozen dolls... most of them being ResinSoul, closely followed by Angel of Dream. XD
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:39 am

Well, it did take me quite a few years to amass them, and four times a year I do entrance exam proctoring to earn extra money which goes towards dolls exclusively - but yea, I'm a bit staggered myself ;p
Greyhaunt

Postby Jobee » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:55 pm

My dolls are pretty cheap, so at least financially they're kinda replaceable for the most part. I would be unhappy to lose my discontinued Volks girls, but I'd do as close as I could with an obitsu for each.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'